LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Why the hell would you read every single page of this thread? :lol:

I was thinking the same thing lol. Not to offend anyone, but I do not understand this. IMHO, this is a good definition of rice. Of course, it's your vehicle, do whatever you want, but I do not even see Honda owners doing something this silly.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eh I wouldn't call it rice.

I think it's sort of a cool thing to do for a temporary use until you can buy an true CBE or have one made up. I wouldn't see doing this with the intention of leaving it for a long time.

Eh I wouldn't call it rice.

I think it's sort of a cool thing to do for a temporary use until you can buy an true CBE or have one made up. I wouldn't see doing this with the intention of leaving it for a long time.

This...^^

But, be forewarned; for many this is the first bite of The Forbidden Fruit.

The Slippery Slope is but a step away.

Hoggers is the devil himself.:lol:

Yes! That's what I'm talking about. Just enjoy the noise.

Be glad you don't have to pay HUNDREDS to get good sound in your LGT, like I do in my Miata. I try the 'zaust - but notsomuch. Sounded pretty bumblebee like. Yuk.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 4 weeks later...
Everyone kept asking me what aftermarket exhaust came on the LGT I just bought, kept telling them it was the stock exhaust, everyone was really surprised to see that it really was the stock exhaust... So the other day I had the car on the lift and realized were the rumble was coming from, previous owner installed the Hogzaust!!

I just did this today. I have two thin washers on each bolt creating about a 3mm gap.

It's now got quite a nice little grumble, which I think is helping me drive a bit smoother.

Didn't cost me anything and took hardly any time so I'm stoked.

I just did this today. I have two thin washers on each bolt creating about a 3mm gap.

It's now got quite a nice little grumble, which I think is helping me drive a bit smoother.

Didn't cost me anything and took hardly any time so I'm stoked.

You got it.

I think this is perhaps the most "useful" part of any exhaust that allows one to hear the engine work. A long time ago I had an exhaust break off just before the muffler. I was sure I'd get pulled over so I drove with that very loud exhaust sound in mind. I replaced the exhaust about a week later, but in the meantime I realized how important to my driving that outrageous sound had been. My shifting improved and my MPG improved. I became a better driver.

That was why I did the Hog-zawst to my 05 LGT when this mod came out. All I wanted was a little more contact with the engine. A couple washers later and I had it. Later I got a lot more mods and a big exhaust, but I kept using this mod until my other mods required the bigger exhaust.

Do these add ANY performance whatsoever? Even with a tune?

In a word; no. :)

Decided to give this a go on the LLGreen H6. I only went stage1 and will report back my thoughts. Cheers for the mod HM!

EDIT: Drove to work tonight and I really like the added rumble it gives the H6. I think Stage1 is perfect for me though. My biggest concern was the popping/backfire but at least so far I haven't heard a single one. Since I shift the 5eat manually, I get to hear my shift points now without having to look down at my RPM all the time. I LIKEY!

Edited by dan04103

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly I had to remove the mod last night. It messed with my back pressure and my throttle response seemed a little flat. After removing and driving to work my throttle response has returned. OH WELL... it was fun while it lasted. I'll miss what times we had :wub:

Sadly I had to remove the mod last night. It messed with my back pressure and my throttle response seemed a little flat. After removing and driving to work my throttle response has returned. OH WELL... it was fun while it lasted. I'll miss what times we had :wub:

Delusions are free to everyone. :lol:

Backpressure... Really? I thought that was finally dead, but I guess not...

http://www.tercelreference.com/tercel_info/turbo_exhaust_theory/turbo_exhaust_theory.html

Ok... exhaust velocity... hows that? :)

Edit... did some reading and backpressure seems to be the correct term. Let me know it I am off. Exhaust velocity is effected by back pressure in NA engines. So an exhaust leak I created with the washers caused back pressure to drop and thus sluggish throttle response?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by dan04103

I went back to stock over the weekend. I didn't like the sound of the air leak at full boost. But the car is to quiet now. I need to find a happy medium...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I went back to stock over the weekend. I didn't like the sound of the air leak at full boost. But the car is to quiet now. I need to find a happy medium...

I'll agree with that statement, That's what caused me to search out a used system.

I actually put more washers in and have about a 3/4" gap. The turbo spool is louder now.

I should just remove the mufflers and drive it for a few day's.

BTW, my 09 Spec B has no mufflers. Just stock exhaust, less mufflers, it sounds great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here