LegacyGT.com

just bought 2008 legacy gt now i want to go fast

hi. i just dropped 20000 on a 2008 legacy gt and i want to do some cheap mods because im broke now. so i was wonderning what are the best mods i can do that wont cost me alot. i forgot to mention my car only has 10000 miles on it and i dont want to mess up my warranty. thanks

20 k ? they saw you comming eh ? :p

just have the computer flashed to open source tune. it will raise the boost a lil.

fyi guys on this forum are jerks , mostly because new people join and always ask the exact same questions. like people wanting to go fast for cheap. and its been covered a million times.

so welcome to the forums, but i suggest you read through the stickies and such other wise the trolls will come out and make fun of you.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

hi. i just dropped 20000 on a 2008 legacy gt and i want to do some cheap mods because im broke now. so i was wonderning what are the best mods i can do that wont cost me alot. i forgot to mention my car only has 10000 miles on it and i dont want to mess up my warranty. thanks

Its fast right now ;)

i would love a vette. i had a ws6 ta but sold it because i grew up got married and had 2 kids. i almost bought a chrysler 300c awd. but did not like the way it drove and the hemi is over rated

fyi guys on this forum are jerks , mostly because new people join and always ask the exact same questions. like people wanting to go fast for cheap. and its been covered a million times.

so welcome to the forums, but i suggest you read through the stickies and such other wise the trolls will come out and make fun of you.

Thanks. You need a few more years under your belt on these forums to start getting a bit annoyed at these types of threads.

"What should be my first mods?"

"I have x number of dollars, what to buy?"

"My car is ill5, what to do?"

...the cheapest upgrades are stage 1 or 2 etune from infamous 150, uppipe 150, downpipe 350 and that gets you like 50 more horses and torque...Forgot the warranty part, just get a cobb accessport and go stage 1...I think for stage 2 all you need is uppipe.

OP does not need an UPpipe. On OEM turbo he has little to gain, unlike your 05, his did not come with a catalytic converter or egt in the up.

A stage 1 flash is even more subtle than an AP - there is nothing to see.

Stage 2 is a DP+Tune.

Keep reading, you are almost as uninformed as OP.:redface:

Don't do anything to it if you are that concerned about the warranty. Some dealers will fight you to the death over warranty claims. They'll have more ammo if they have reason to believe the car was modified in any way, shape, or form.

Furthermore, keep all of your maintenance receipts.

Archived