LegacyGT.com

7th Gen Subaru Legacy News and Rumors

Yes I know the 6th gen didn't even hit the dealers' lots yet. However, feeling where SOA is heading and after reading some of the reviews for 6th gen I think I can throw some predictions about 7th gen already:

1. It will be CVT only for USDM

2. It will have 3 engine choices: 2.0 NA DIT, 2.5 NA DIT and plug-in hybrid. No diesel.

3. It will be FWD with AWD optional.

4. No wagon - this is rather obvious.

Flame away.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

If the BRZ/Scion FRS clones are a hint of the future, it's easy to see Subaru becoming so married to Toyota's product line that eventually it becomes redundant and Subaru goes away. Easy enough to take the AWD system and offer it in Toyota's existing platforms...

I don't actually see Subaru and Toyota getting in bed together at this point. It does look to me that after BRZ/FRS both companies are headed their individual ways. Most certainly I don't see Subaru absorbed by Toyota, neither one needs it so I don't think this is going to happen.

I was serious posting this. I am trying to estimate where does Subaru position Legacy moving forward. The transformation from 4th gen days is very drastic, and while I do like 6th gen *as a family hauler and commuter car* I am wondering where will Subaru stop in its quest for sales numbers. Will they hold AWD as undisputed Subaru feature, or will we see more *exclusions* to that rule. Frankly , to me this is rather line in the sand where I would definitely look at other makes. Power choices are also important.

6th gen will likely sell as hot cakes which will further assure FHI that SOA was right all along *about everything* (which I disagree with). So the question is what will that mean for 7th gen. My BP will serve me fine until 7th gen comes along but by then I will have to think about new DD. And I don't want the WRX/STI.

I've heard that Subaru already has pre production models of the 7th gen running around, since they are not sure if the upcoming 6th gen is main stream enough. Here is a picture of the upcoming 7th gen:

http://www.drivearabia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/toyotacamry2.jpg

-Seems likely

2. It will have 3 engine choices: 2.0 NA DIT, 2.5 NA DIT and plug-in hybrid. No diesel.

-How do you have a Naturally Aspirated Turbo?...I'd gather they'll introduce a new 2.0 NA engine to replace the current 2.5, maybe put in the 2.0DIT into the H6 model (I do predict they'll eventually get rid of the H6), a hybrid does seem likely, but I don't see it being the current hybrid engine that they have.

-Disagree

-Are we counting the Outback? If not, then agreed.

-Seems likely

-How do you have a Naturally Aspirated Turbo?...I'd gather they'll introduce a new 2.0 NA engine to replace the current 2.5, maybe put in the 2.0DIT into the H6 model (I do predict they'll eventually get rid of the H6), a hybrid does seem likely, but I don't see it being the current hybrid engine that they have.

-Disagree

-Are we counting the Outback? If not, then agreed.

My bad, I meant to say DI (no turbo). I don't see them NOT getting DI out by the time 7th gen is out. Turbo is a whole other issue here...

Interesting thought on getting rid of H6 altogether. However, this leaves them with 4 cyl engines only, so unless 4 cyl becomes new 6 cyl and we get some weird combo like 3 cyl (similar to new Mini) then I don't see good old H6 going away soon.

And yes, I am not counting the OB here.

I've heard that Subaru already has pre production models of the 7th gen running around, since they are not sure if the upcoming 6th gen is main stream enough. Here is a picture of the upcoming 7th gen:

http://www.drivearabia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/toyotacamry2.jpg

That will make 4th gen lovers happy. Subaru finally listening to them and going back to turn of the century styling. :lol:;)

That will make 4th gen lovers happy. Subaru finally listening to them and going back to turn of the century styling. :lol:;)

Clearly you are ignoring the fact that the 4th gen had separate C pillar glass with a properly done Hofmeister kink! :)

Clearly you are ignoring the fact that the 4th gen had separate C pillar glass with a properly done Hofmeister kink! :)

^^^This. As well as, 4th gen had something that the next two generations did not, good looks and performance to match. The interior looks better too. Who would have thought that they built better cars 10 years ago.

^^^This. As well as, 4th gen had something that the next two generations did not, good looks and performance to match. The interior looks better too. Who would have thought that they built better cars 10 years ago.

I missed the 4th gen gt performance numbers being better than the 5th gen. All the specs looked comparable to me. The 4th gen cars legacies were copies of other cars built around turn of century.

I look at the 4th gen and I see an old out of style car. I never even noticed or looked at a 4th gen when I owned European cars. In fact, the 4th gen makes that Toyota Cramry look good. Lol

http://i.imgur.com/BCjJ7P4.gif

I've never seen a group of car guys (5th Gens) been so butthurt that the previous gen owners don't like the newer versions.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

http://i.imgur.com/BCjJ7P4.gif

I've never seen a group of car guys (5th Gens) been so butthurt that the previous gen owners don't like the newer versions.

I'd say the fourth gen owners are being whiney sore losers that the fifth gen has been so successful and made Subaru competitive in the marketplace again.

I'd say the fourth gen owners are being whiney sore losers that the fifth gen has been so successful and made Subaru competitive in the marketplace again.

I'm kind of over it. I just figure I'll be nice and give Subaru valuable feedback on why my next purchase is more likely to be a Ford Fusion or maybe a BMW 3 Series! :)

That's not at all why us 4th Gens don't like the 5th Gen. You're being disingenuous and you know it.

That said, get on topic.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

The facts:

The 4th gen looks like a cross between a Camry and a 3-series BMW.

The 5th gen looks like a cross between a Camry and an Accord.

The likes/dislikes for each are all just personal preference.

The facts:

The 4th gen looks like a cross between a Camry and a 3-series BMW.

The 5th gen looks like a cross between a Camry and an Accord.

The likes/dislikes for each are all just personal preference.

Close. I think the fifth gen was modeled after the Camry 2010 Infiniti G37. Infiniti has the same C pillar, large lights, slab sides and similar grill. The goofy wheel arches seem to be from a Mazda 6.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdsMJfAusz43pbmC4i1RfWMBd1tq-4zuaKDaLc4PiGWm3U9cdD

Yeah, I was over-simplifying a bit. I think the wheel arches were stolen from the Audi TT. They looked tacked on, and too large for the rest of the car.

Wife had a 2012 Mazda 6 company car and when parked by the 2011 Legacy, the wheel arches looked like twins.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmIVMRK9cHb4MVbujMAmQqF51h0jgGMPcxUcEAqtYZvJpWq0h-

If the BRZ/Scion FRS clones are a hint of the future, it's easy to see Subaru becoming so married to Toyota's product line that eventually it becomes redundant and Subaru goes away. Easy enough to take the AWD system and offer it in Toyota's existing platforms...

Can you say more, recalls if that happens.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived