LegacyGT.com

possible geometry fix for lowered Legacies

big sky

gents- new to the forum, not new to Subaru's :)

a while back an article was written in Subiesport magazine about changing the pickup point of the front of the trailing links to improve suspension geometry

a thread was started on nasioc discussing this:

Trailing Arm Brackets, and increasing/decreasing wheelbase length...? (Subiesport) - NASIOC

the thread died, but the reason I'm posting here is I ran across a trailing bracket that was not from a WRX/STi- my guess it's from a Forester or Legacy- the mounting point was clearly lower than the WRX/STi (which mounts the front trailing link closer to the chassis)

here's a pic:

unknown left, WRX right

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/BIGSKYWRX/trailingbrktcomparo.jpg

anyone want to crawl underneath their Legacy and take a peek, maybe a rough measurement?

this could be an easy/cheap "fix" for any lowered Legacy??

tia

this might be limited to pre- 05 double wishbone Legacies- I know the double wishbone still utilizes a trailing link- might be a completely different design however.

someone with a pre-05 want to crawl underneath and take a peek :)

There were no double wishbone Legacies (yet). BL/BP has struts in front, multilink in rear. BE/BH had the same arrangement. Previous generation had struts all around.

do you happen to have a diagram/schematic of what it looks like out of curiosity?

here's the GH/GR rear setup

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/Kostamojen/208imprezarearsuspension.jpg

Mike, The GR is totally different from the 05-08 legacy. Same idea, completely different parts and design.

Tony

Archived