LegacyGT.com

PNW EVENT Calendar: WA and OR

AKLGT

Didnt go the April 1 event, way too tired after getting home from airport at 1am to drive to Packwood. For some reason, I thought Packwood was ~30 minutes from Seattle, not +2 hours.

Ridge tomorrow, then PCA skills day next weekend, then Autox the week after.

Have won all novice events entered. Have been checking times for classes I would have run in. Street Mod and Prepared Sedan have the fastest drivers in light cars. Most of them are setting fast time of the day. :-)

Thx boxkita. Isn't Packwood close to the Ridge? I am thinking of doing AutoX with the Bremerton club. SCCA AutoX is way too competitive. I just want to do it for fun.

I have enough drama for now.....

The Ridge was about an hour from Burien. Packwood google'd out to about 2.5 hours (the standard route is covered by 12 feet of snow).

The schedule for autox events is up-to-date via this page - http://www.wwscc.org/schedule.html . The next autox is Sunday Apr 15 at Bremerton with BSCC. Signup for the novice class. Or figure out your class and get in the running for a trophy.

If I get my taxes done in time, I'll go to this one as well.

Thx boxkita. Isn't Packwood close to the Ridge? I am thinking of doing AutoX with the Bremerton club. SCCA AutoX is way too competitive. I just want to do it for fun.

look into Chuckanut Sports Car Club as well.. they run regular autox events in Bellingham (much closer for me than Bremerton)

The Ridge was about an hour from Burien. Packwood google'd out to about 2.5 hours (the standard route is covered by 12 feet of snow).

The schedule for autox events is up-to-date via this page - http://www.wwscc.org/schedule.html . The next autox is Sunday Apr 15 at Bremerton with BSCC. Signup for the novice class. Or figure out your class and get in the running for a trophy.

If I get my taxes done in time, I'll go to this one as well.

Thanks. My LGT won't be ready by 4/15. I may have to run it in my TDI.

Just file an extension for your taxes. Tell the IRS you have an AutoX event!

look into Chuckanut Sports Car Club as well.. they run regular autox events in Bellingham (much closer for me than Bremerton)

I just checked the Chuckanut website. They lost the GP venue for the autocross. I know some of their club members run and organize TSD rallies which we run on Fridays. For me, Bremerton is closer than Bellingham.

A dry day at the Ridge is better than any day at PR. :-) I've done 4 events (2 Ridge & 2 autox) and finally need to rotate my tires. One day at PR and I have to rotate.

yeah, I was really pleased to see how good the Ridge was on my brakes and tires. PR just tears tires to pieces.

That said... I like all of the tracks I've driven so far. Variety is good :cool:

A dry day at the Ridge is better than any day at PR. :-) I've done 4 events (2 Ridge & 2 autox) and finally need to rotate my tires. One day at PR and I have to rotate.

did you get different brake pads yet? ive been gone so much since our ridge day that i have not changed oil, bled brakes or even looked at the pads. the car has just sat.

now im thinking of doing the TGV delete cause im bored its free and should add some power.

Get the CBE that GtRide is selling - that will add some power.

I pulled the HPS pads off last week to put on HPS+ before going to the Ridge. Good thing I did, the left front pads were nearly gone and the right front pads had ~20%. The HPS+ were/are so much better, almost instant braking effect.

At the same time, I changed the oil to 20w50 Delo synthetic diesel truck oil. Engine is less noisy, warms up faster, and seems to run better. Rather than switching back, I'll just start using that from now on. :-)

I had my first "code" in the 3rd session - check engine & cruise control light started blinking. Pushed in the clutch and coasted into the hot pit next to the fire truck (bad memories). Got everyone set and opened the hood...to nothing. Everything looked fine. Drove back to the pits, turned it off. Borrowed a code reader to see a P0244. Had to borrow someone's phone to look up a "overboost condition". Look in the engine bay until I saw the vacuum line from the boost controller dangling. Put it back together, cleared the code, no more problems. Sat on the sidelines, tho. No use taking chances.

I still have the dirt from the first ridge day on the car...been working insane hours.

If you're bored, here's a video from my 2nd session:

mp4 of 2nd session - http://db.tt/38ewaS72 (150mb)

Anyone heading up to Evergreen speedway on saturday for the first of the season Pro-Am and Grassroots competition? I will be there with a buddy, but I will be in the commuter. The LGT is waiting on new hub/wheel bearing assembly.
-Urban Cowboy

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.importmeet.com/blog/2012/04/24/support-pgp-meet-may-26th-2012-kent-wa/

Here is the link to an even coming up in the end of May at PGP raceways. If anyone wants to show support for PGP or learn about what has happened read the story. I will be there. Hope to see some other LGT's.

I was thinking of heading out to this. Anyone going?