LegacyGT.com

I'm looking for a 5 speed LGT. Can't afford spec.b so don't offer it

Subiewoo

Hello I'm subiewoo(real name is clayton). I'm new to this legacy gt forum. I currently do not own a LGT but I do own a 04 wrx wagon. I'm looking to get into a LGT. A LGT buddy told me to come to this group to look for some. So I am here looking for LGT's. Hmu if u know or want to sell a 5 speed LGT. Please don't post spec.b because I can't afford them. Thank you for looking/commenting

Are the spec B's really that much more? I would look for one of those because of the transmission, especially if you are financing (the monthly payment will hardly be different).

I can only find 16k spec b's when lgt's are 5-8k

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I don't know where people are buying Legacy GT's for $5,000. I negotiated mine down to $12k and overpaid a little so it should have been more like 11k. As far as the loan people were concerned, the car was worth 14k.

I have no idea how you can get that much on the Legacy. Must be a special edition with gold finishings.

OP: So...if somehow I was going to be persuaded to sell my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5 speed manual with 122,000 miles AND

1) Turbo TD04-16G installed September 2010 (car is a Stage 3, Perrin TMIC, colder plugs, 3 way EBCS, dialed back performance wise with OEM injectors but STI fuel pump - fast enough)

2) STI GC-6 RA Front Limited Slip Differential installed around October 2009

3) New Denso starter installed August 2016

4) Suspension KYB GR2 struts installed some 20,000 miles ago

5) New ACT Heavy Duty Clutch and Light Weight Fly Wheel installed September 2016

7) New front drive shafts installed September 2016

8) 4 Continental Extreme Contact DWS put on the car in January 2015

and every single documented service and maintenance and repair. That includes every single scratch repair, religiously changing oil only with synthetic at 3000 miles and having done well at least 3 times the transmission/differential fluids (most recently 2 summers ago) and timing belt pullers/colder thermostat (about 4 years ago). I also have new calipers all around with Hawk HPS/HP+; HID headlights; Aftermarket Android Navi; new bushings all within the last 3 years.

Interior is in good condition, the exterior is fair for a car its age.

How much would you pay for it?

FYI I quoted both miles and dates so you can estimate the age of the components:

2010-10-12 @ 80,000 miles

2012-11-10 @ 100,000 miles

2014-11-25 @ 111,111 miles

2016-08-07 @ 120,000 miles

Hello, I am almost done with a complete rebuild from crank on up. New bearings, pistons, rod, etc. Complete valve job and head work so essentially a brand new engine. Chassis has 115K on it, turbo and clutch less then 3K miles. Car has zero rust and the usual few dings here and there. It is not the Limited trim but does have the cold weather package. Sharp car, soon to have matching spoiler installed as well.

Thinking I'll list it for $6K and see what happens.

55512033_LGTsmall.jpg.304aff9f603eac0857463f5feb36f768.jpg

I have no idea how you can get that much on the Legacy. Must be a special edition with gold finishings.

No I added the gold finishings. :lol:

Yeah I definitely overpaid although it was a bone stock '09 that was mostly highway miles. I had a hard time finding a clean one locally. I would have done things slightly differently if I could go back but I would still buy this car. I was happy to find a clean '09 5MT. At this point I have about 130K on it and it loses almost no oil in between changes :)

I wouldn't buy a 2005 unless it was a 5MT Limited wagon. Just sold my 2002 and I don't want to go that far back age-wise, among other little reasons.

Anyway, I wasn't that involved in the legacygt.com community before I bought my fourth gen so I didn't really look on there for cars for sale.

I don't regret my purchase. :) Live and learn!

• 4 weeks later...

There's an 06 LGT near me, 60k miles. Looks like suspension has been done. Do not know price, but if you're at all interested I will find out and get a test drive/take tons of pics for you. Has a warranty, but service would have to be done at the dealer.

Car is in Springfield, Il

MK

Archived