LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did mine about a week ago. I have to say, I really like it.

I had my wife go for a short ride with me right after I did it. When we got out of the car, she did the cute *blinka blinka* thing and said "Can I have that too?" Love that girl :) She has a 08 Legacy GT now Hog-zawsted.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

I actually put more washers in and have about a 3/4" gap. The turbo spool is louder now.

I should just remove the mufflers and drive it for a few day's.

BTW, my 09 Spec B has no mufflers. Just stock exhaust, less mufflers, it sounds great.

Last night I went back to two washers, I didn't like the turbo being that loud. I guess the catless DP lets the a lot more noise out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

One of the things keeping me from getting a used system is, I'd still need to have the tips lenghtened for the wagon.

When I add that cost in, I thinking it might just be better to have a custom system made up.

I'd be happy with a couple of mufflers flanged for the stock mid-pipe with nice tips.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 weeks later...

had a magnaflow CBE installed, but didn't like the tone. I actually like the hogzaust tone better -- there is much more texture and detail to the sound. however my one peeve with the hogzaust is the PSHH sound (no, no the turbo) at full throttle. I'm thinking it has to do with the exhaust gasses under pressure escaping from the hogzausted flange.

Thinking of going with a muffler delete to solve this issue (I already took the magnaflow off and am back to stock + hogzausted). Can anyone confirm it will?

had a magnaflow CBE installed, but didn't like the tone. I actually like the hogzaust tone better -- there is much more texture and detail to the sound. however my one peeve with the hogzaust is the PSHH sound (no, no the turbo) at full throttle. I'm thinking it has to do with the exhaust gasses under pressure escaping from the hogzausted flange.

Thinking of going with a muffler delete to solve this issue (I already took the magnaflow off and am back to stock + hogzausted). Can anyone confirm it will?

it's the external wastegate sound...LOL

actually i just put in a few more washers and the sound seems to have gone away. still contemplating a muffler delete though..

Do you have a catted DP ? if yes, remove the mufflers. My 09 Spec B sounds great with not mufflers and stock exhaust.

Do you have a catted DP ? if yes, remove the mufflers. My 09 Spec B sounds great with not mufflers and stock exhaust.

yeah I do have a catted DP. I did literally remove the mufflers the other day and it sounded good. Except for that when I gunned it, all that exhaust air going into the wheel area sounded like shit. But I'm pretty sure a properly done muffler delete will sound great.

Ready to be flamed and I'm okay with that.

Removed the 'zaust, the sound was great, but with my long commute and spirited driving I prefer people not hearing me.

I took off the exhaust so the wife could take it out for a spin. She fired up the car and said it doesn't sound any different. Just wait till you floor. So she had some fun driving around and blowing every last bit of sound the car could generate out the back.

Now that I've bolted up the exhaust again the throttle seems to have more response, I can tap the gas and the car will go in intelligent mode. No more having to mash the gas.

Now lets hear the "it's all in your head" responses.

Ready to be flamed and I'm okay with that.

Removed the 'zaust, the sound was great, but with my long commute and spirited driving I prefer people not hearing me.

I took off the exhaust so the wife could take it out for a spin. She fired up the car and said it doesn't sound any different. Just wait till you floor. So she had some fun driving around and blowing every last bit of sound the car could generate out the back.

Now that I've bolted up the exhaust again the throttle seems to have more response, I can tap the gas and the car will go in intelligent mode. No more having to mash the gas.

Now lets hear the "it's all in your head" responses.

It's all in your head man!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all. First off, please forgive me for asking questions I'm sure have already been answered, but I'm new here and reading through 180+ pages is a daunting task. So I have an N/A legacy, so would this still work? Would it impact the performance at all? lastly, would it pass inspection, or would I have to take it of then put it back on whenever I got it inspected? Again, sorry for the amateur questions.

Trying out hogzaust on my cvt. Initially I used 2 washers. The sound on engine start and stop was awesome. Cruising on the highway and minor speed adjustments weren't that great. After, I went to 1 washer. The throaty start up / shutdown and idle is still very much there and the fixed rpm drone halved. I'll keep it on for the rest of the week to see how much I like it on my daily commute.

A lower fuel efficiency was a side effect even though I tried my best to drive normally. Oh well, gas is cheap this week so it all balances out haha

• 1 month later...