LegacyGT.com

Attention ALL N/A owners planning on susupension mods...

BrownBoy

So today was finally the day I got around to getting the rest of my suspension pieces installed. This consisted of front and rear Cusco swaybars I picked up from one of the vendors here and the front and rear Cusco suspension bars that I picked up from member SUBY3. The back swaybar requires that you unbolt the mufflers so you can get out/put in the swaybar. No problems here. The suspension braces were a PITA to get in b/c the bolts were all so tight. I had someone else do the installs, so it didn't take any of my strength. :) After some force, extra leverage, etc, etc, the bars were all in and everything looked great. Having power tools makes things go really really quick. All of that was put in within an hour even the difficulty of the bolts.

Awesome, time to move on to the front...

This was a completely different story. The Cusco front suspension brace DOES NOT fit the N/A Legacy. Do not bother buying it and trying it. It will never fit. The headers on the N/As prevent the installation of this brace. I'm guessing I was the first one to try this on the N/As.

Next heartbreak: I guess I am also the first person to try the swaybars on the N/A Legacy also. The swaybars for the Turbo models WILL NOT fit. Don't bother, no chance, nah uh. Once again, the header positioning, etc, makes this a no way Jose fitment issue.

I hope that the N/A owners that plan on doing any mods will see this take caution. The vendors will not say that it won't fit, as they haven't tested it, but will say that it SHOULD work. NAh, not the case guys. :icon_mad:

Well, there you have it.

Short version: No Cusco front underbrace worky on N/As.

No Cusco front swaybar worky on N/As.

Oh yeah...my front sway and underbrace will be up for sale pretty soon...

Yeah - sorry to hear they didn't fit but thanks for being a Sube Brotha and letting the rest of the team know what's up with the front GT swaybar and under brace parts on a N/A Leggy.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

And this was exactly why i was holding off on the sway set. I had no idea if the headers would be in the way. You know our front is actually a smaller diameter than the gt? (so is the rear, but thats usually a given). Anyways... thanks for taking one for the n/a team, im sure someday I inadvertadly will as well. Hopefully a vendor eventually gives us a little love.. still waiting on the catback from ION as well :/

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words. Of course I'm dissapointed, that the parts don't fit, I wasted someone else's and my own time, and I lost some money. BUT, I was able to make sure that none of the other N/A brothas make this mistake. I knew that the swaybar probably wouldn't fit, but wasn't sure, so I took the risk anyway. I got tired of waiting for other N/A owners to put stuff on. :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to get more info. out of the parts I have planned for the future. And yeah, I might have a leak on or near my crankcase or something that the installer discovered while about to take my pulleys off...so those didn't go on either. Now I have to go to the dealership and deal with that.:icon_mad:

Strange coincidence - while putting the LGT sway bar on our LOB, I discovered a leak, looks like front seal on rear diff.

At any rate, fattening up the rear bar really helped.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

that really sucks that the parts don't fit, but i'll probably end up just lowering the car with some ksport coilovers, and do the same thing i did to the accord the 3rd time i lowered it: remove all the swaybars and run the shocks a bit stiffer. a lot smoother and no body sway at all in turns.

Archived