LegacyGT.com

Looking for some help with my NA Legacy

Hi Guys,

I was recently looking into putting some upgrades onto my 2009 legacy 2.5i. I know it's not a gt but I didn't know where else to go to ask for help. I definitely want to put a cat back exhaust on. I wanted to know if there are any modifications that would have to be made to make this possible for my 2.5i as they only sell aftermarket exhausts for gt models :mad:. Also are there any recommendations that you would make as to what exhaust to get? I am looking for a solid, medium sound with a decent power upgrade to back it up. Can you guys help?:)

Your loose some torque doing a cat back since you'd basically be running 3 inch piping unless you get everything custom made at a shop and stay with the same size piping now which is 2.5 I think or 2.25 inches there really isn't much around power wise or bolt ons. I have the same year and all that as you and I have an arm dryflow panel filter with the hybrid intake setup, LW crank pulley throttle controller and the nameless axle back exhaust.

No intake unless you have OpenSource/other tuning software and can scale the MAF voltages so it runs properly. Other wise you will run lean throughout the powerband stock intake is best for our cars and turbo cars in most cases. Loss of torque will be felt more by tinkering with the intake more so than the exhaust. I would leave everything STOCK but swap out the cans. Its easy, easy to swap if you dont like the tone and cheaper and less hassle on your wallet than custom CBEs or dealing with used parts etc.

Do no touch your intake you do yourself ZERO favors :) Touch your pipes if you like :lol:

I just did the hybrid intake replaced the acordian style piping with a free flowing pipe I got at pepboys cost about $50 and the nameless I like a lot I had my buddy drive my car while I was outside listening to it and it sounds really good in my opinion on the inside of the car though its a tad loud but it doesn't bother me at all

I have already ordered a new air filter from K&N, will a borla exhaust help my power at all? the pipes are 2.5" down to 2".

Nothing is going to help with power on your car unfortunately... you can go for looks and sound but you are wasting money if you try to make it faster

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I have already ordered a new air filter from K&N, will a borla exhaust help my power at all? the pipes are 2.5" down to 2".

RETURN IT! Go buy a cotton STP from the parts store and no CBE will give that car power. Don't go broke trying to live the dream ;)

Best bet is returnnit like they said buy a cotton one or an aem dry flow filter or even avo panel filter both are a dry flow filter that you can wash out with water and soap and don't need oiled. Reason why insay return it is the k&n filter you gotta oil every so often and if you get to much oil that oil will get sucked back onto you maf sensor which will make it run shitty then. To be honest justbdo lots of Google searches about things I've done lots of searches and even pmed gee Otto about anfew things he and this site got a lot of good knowledge just gotta take sometime searching and reading up on things.

I've decided to return the K&N. I ordered an AEM dry flow because I know i'll either forget to clean/oil the k&n or do it wrong :p Now that I know a CBE won't help power I think ill just stick to adding some cans to give me a beefier sound without spending as much money. I want a rugged sound without being overly loud. Any suggestions?

There's always the magnaflow cans or go axleback route. If you go under the n/a section in the forum and look at the first sticky in that section it will give you a list of things you can do it won't make it extremely fast but it will give it a little bit more of pep with some of the things they have list good luck

Archived