LegacyGT.com

lgt bumper or replace

• I Donated

I just picked up a front bumper from a pick and pull for $30.

Bumpers are cheap. Its not worth the time and effort to repair it if you have one the same color at pick and pull.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Stock ones, i'm pretty sure the headlights changed from a single headlight unit to the blinker light housing and headlight housing. Idk what year exactly, but it think it was toward the end of the second gen production. I replaced the main headlights when I first got the car, since the old ones were pretty much beyond repair.....maybe some of the other older forums members can give you clearer answer

I just picked up a front bumper from a pick and pull for $30.

Bumpers are cheap. Its not worth the time and effort to repair it if you have one the same color at pick and pull.

Wtf! My local junkyard quoted me 150 for the bumper!?

Bondo isn't the best option for repairing bumpers. It won't stick to plastic properly. There is a special bumper repair material that is essentially like a two part epoxy. It comes in a dual chambered syringe and is about $20 or so.

Get the pick n pull bumper if it is in good shape. A shop will charge you at the very least $150-200 to shoot a bumper. However, you can buy rattle can paint that will match your color, as well as rattle can clear coat so you can do it yourself even without a paint gun and compressor.

haha so got a quote for $600 to repair and repaint it....screw that...

Going to pick and pull tomorrow and going to take one off a car that is exactly the same as mine that they have there... only $30...and its going to be free due to my landlord paying for it, since he was the one that damaged it in the first place.

Im going to prep the pick&pull bumper and spray it with multiple layers of automotive clean coat.

Tempted to do that "Power Mode" Mod tomorrow too and make a DIY for it also, just have to man up to messing with all that wiring.

Stock ones, i'm pretty sure the headlights changed from a single headlight unit to the blinker light housing and headlight housing. Idk what year exactly, but it think it was toward the end of the second gen production. I replaced the main headlights when I first got the car, since the old ones were pretty much beyond repair.....maybe some of the other older forums members can give you clearer answer

I figure it out they are 5/1/97 and newer second gen headlights

• I Donated
I figure it out they are 5/1/97 and newer second gen headlights

They are still interchangeable though I think....but the bulbs are different so you have to splice in the right connectors onto the harness...but the housings bolt right up.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Actually the one at the pick and pull was in worse shape than mine, and my landlord wont pay for the damage he did either haha. so yeah. I'm gona sand it, maybe fill in the holes if sanding doesn't work or just push out the dents some how and repaint it.

• 1 month later...

Reading around the Bumper sealant stuff sometimes works.....just sanded and used buffing compound and its looks almost new.....really need to sand the whole bumper, and used high fill primer and then repaint it. and apply ton of clear coat...and maybe get it final wrapped. idk trying to save money for school so it will have to wait some...New struts/springs are the next purchase for me.

Try check this out:

https://www.google.com/search?sugexp=chrome,mod=14&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=bumper+repair#q=bumper+repair&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=LVbiT-6UNYnF6gHT2IQI&ved=0CJsBELMY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d7184adf0e6b08d9&biw=1024&bih=655

Seems like its easier to just get a used bumper that is the same color/in good shape than to deal with all the hassle of fixing the damaged one.....only $30....and your own installation. Use the FSM to help you.

Archived