LegacyGT.com

Infamous1 Tuning Review

rao

I have a lot of experience tuning various platforms, including Subarus, but sometimes I just don't want to deal with it :)

I have worked with Shamar in the past and am just finishing up a Stage 3 STI tune with him and thought I should post a review since I am in a pretty good position to know if a tuner knows what they are doing.

Fortunately Shamar clearly knows what he is doing :) He has the knowledge and his approach is solid. At this point he has an extensive database so he can put together a base tune that is going to be pretty close, which is a huge benefit. After a couple of iterations you have a great custom tune at a great price. I would recommend spending money on a wideband and an Infamous tune unless you have local access to an experienced tuner with proven results.

The only constructive criticism I have is that his turnaround can be a little slow, but that is pretty typical for any tuner that is good and he has never left me in the lurch - it just took a little longer than I wanted, which is about 15 minutes :)

I have recommended him in the past and would gladly do so again. Anyone who is considering tuning a Subaru should check him out.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I have only heard good things about his work hich really excites me. I cant wait for the results unfortunately only Msprank has returned any of my calls/emails/pms and I paid for my tune a week ago.

I had great results with Shamar as well, turnaround time sort of bugged me as well, but I guess I'd rather have time taken and done right vs blowing the motor from being rushed....

Gets my vote as well. Some revisions came quick, some took a few days...I figured he had a lot of maps/logs to look at. One great thing is he was able to diagnose issues I didn't know I had. Just from looking at the logs he said I had a leak in my airbox, which I did.

Both of these guys need the rep, they deserve it. Finding a tuner in ok can be a headache. I have to agree with the turn around time, but we are many and they are few... I will be purchasing a tune from them very soon!

Both of these guys need the rep, they deserve it. Finding a tuner in ok can be a headache. I have to agree with the turn around time, but we are many and they are few... I will be purchasing a tune from them very soon!

Yeah I have to include MSprank in there as well, he provided a great deal of info, as well as great deals on a new clutch(which went during stage 2 tuning) and an AVO TMIC.

If I didn't have a reputable pro tuner close to me I'd have shamar tune my car in a heart beat. I've seen his work and it's great. My tuner is more costly but that's what you get for a pro tune and closer examination. They also always do a boost leak test before starting any tune and then subsequent tests if needed. But definitely +1 for shamar!

Yep I got raped on pro tuned too to the tune of 1300 usd. Have since gone open source local remote tune. But still waiting on the final revision. I wonder would they do a remote inter continental tune for me or is there way go many different variables thrown into the mix. How much are remote tunes these days?

Get a positive review from me as well.

I am now fine with the revision times. Its works both ways for me. I usually let the car drive for a little bit to get used to the map, before I do a pull. I also don't always send in logs like clock work, he lets me send in logs on my time table, so I don't hassle him on his. But best thing I found is that, (I don't know tuning to tune, just enough to be dangerous and annoying) if I have questions or if even suggestions, he has the ability to translate that into behavior of the car. He has been courteous and more importantly been able to address any issues or questions I have had along the way.

I agree with everything mentioned so far. I am currently in the process of tuning with him right now and he has been nothing but professional and patient with me.

I do have one question though, I have just received my first revised map from him and he asked that I reset the ecu and run the revision as a real time map. Can someone explain this process to me please? As you can see from my question, now you understand why I am not even trying to do my own tuning, lol.:redface:

Kyle

I have a catless UP and DP sitting in the garage, going in when I get my clutch done, whenever it begins to fail.

Should I get a Stage1 tune now before I get the stuff installed? Then get a Stage 2 tune after the install? I'll contact them directly for pricing, just curious if anyone thinks it's worth it.

Only if you have fueling mods, per an email I had with them.

cool, i figured i could just ask him myself but i dont want to bother him until i'm ready to commit to the tune.

I'll just need a stg2 tune, so i wont need to install a WB02 then i guess.

I agree with everything mentioned so far. I am currently in the process of tuning with him right now and he has been nothing but professional and patient with me.

I do have one question though, I have just received my first revised map from him and he asked that I reset the ecu and run the revision as a real time map. Can someone explain this process to me please? As you can see from my question, now you understand why I am not even trying to do my own tuning, lol.:redface:

Kyle

guessing you are using an access port? if so - under diagnostics (i think), there is an option called reset ecu (just makes it forget some learning basically). And then you can upload a map with a realtime option on the AP... just mess around with the ap and you will find it.

+1 for Infamous....loving my tune. More power AND better gas mileage!

( the wife was convinced going stage 2 was the smart thing to do when she saw the improved mpg......and she loves the extra power too! )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Simply put...VERY noticeable...I thought my car was quick after the generic AP stage 2 tune with supporting mods.... still can't get over how smooth and powerful Shamar's tunes are ... +1 for the best 150$ you can spend on these cars. Currently waiting for my 4th revision...every single time I get an email from him, it makes my day. Can't believe how much better the car runs compared to the original AP Stage II tune. !

And the best thing about having him tune the car was the fact that it cleared up my Pedal Position Sensor CEL - that would literally throw the car in limp mode EVERY time I tried to drive it. Dealership wanted 700+ for the sensor alone...safe to say Shamar is the man

Archived