LegacyGT.com

Megan racing or borla catback exhaust

bobbys402

WHAT CATBACK EXHAUST  

43 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT CATBACK EXHAUST

• MEGAN CATBACK EXHAUST
    • BORLA CATBACK EXHUST

I have the Borla right now. If you're close to stock, or stage 2, then the Borla is great. I love how the mufflers are tucked up, so they are unseen.

That said, realize that the Borla is small. It's hardly any bigger than stock. I need to upgrade mine because of a turbo change that I'm doing. If you ever plan on going more than 330whp, get a real 3" exhaust.

Warren

I have the Megan quad tip exhaust. I love the way it looks better than most other setups. The sound is perfect when im just cruising around. However, i have noticed when i have my rear seat-back down, i can hear extreme raspyness when the turbo is spooled under hard acceleration. I heard it once when mechanic was driving it also. I Thought it was an exhaust leak because i saw carbon buildup around the muffler flanges.

I have yet to figure out this high pitch exhaust leak sound. Only thing i can come up with is, the mufflers are just not tuned well for the higher flow sound reduction. I dont have any other mods except Stage 1 cobb.

I wonder if adding a resonator when i do Stage 2 catted DP will help it.

its not the exhaust tips its the flanges connecting mufflers to y-pipe. the bolts are as tight as possible with suplied gasket.

The sound comes from rear of car and can only be heard from the inside if i put down the rear seat-back.

OP, what DP are you pairing this with? Keep in mind the borla and MR have different flange types.

+1

If you have an invidia or any flat flange dp you are prolly going to want the flange adapter that Jeremy sells at Fred Beans. It will never seal well with just the gasket alone.

Yup...

The only thing with borla is you almost deff need a 3.0'' to 2.5 ''donut adapter from fred bean parts. its almost impossible to get a good seal mating to a 3" DP but if your staying with the stock dp then it;s great. I've had several exhaust on my previous WRX and heard many exhaust brands.. borla has one of the best sounds for me however it is quiet but a very performance oriented sound something you'd expect from a high end import sports car for sound level.

Glad you went with Borla... I'm strongly considering it as well. We had Borla Stingers in our '97 Cobra and I loved the setup. Beautiful exotic rumble all through the revs (especially high up), but not obnoxious like some other exhausts. The idle rumble was great, too. Deep but subtle.

I've liked what I've heard so far checking out YouTube videos of LGT's with Borla.

MEGAN I HAVE TE BORLA FOR THE LEGACY AND IT GOES FROM A 2.5 inch to 2.25 inch pipeing. I picked up almost 3 tenths at the dragstrip in a 1/8 mile when i got a 3 inch all the way out.

Archived