LegacyGT.com

A better quality rotor?

CanyonCreek

Hi folks. At 70k miles, it's time to do something about the brakes.

The good news is that the pads/rotors have lasted this far. 90% of the driving was done by my wife, which explains the longevity.

I'll be putting on the Hawk HPS pads for braking power, but have no interest in putting on slotted rotors. Drilled, possibly.

Any ideas on non-slotted rotors as an upgrade over stock? I've searched and can only find the OEM or slotted rotors for our LGT wagon.

Thanks

We've got every variation you can imagine. But no drilled only.

Blank should work fine for you... we do have a overstock sale still for drilled/slotted though. Click "Bling Rotors" link in my sig. or this link to take u directly to order page:

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=LGTSpecial

^

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

hawks hps paired with sslines and stock rotors are a great upgrade for the street. i just did the same to my legacy about 3 weeks ago and completely happy with the results. fyi, subaru will charge an arm and leg for rotors so go to napa. i got new rotors all around for less then 300

- rotors are chunks of iron that wear down

- drilled rotors offer little to no performance benefit, and crack

- as long as a rotor is straight it is perfectly good (race cars may take exception to this)

- tires and pads will make the biggest difference when it comes to stopping.

I've always heard that drilled rotors crack... but I have wondered how easily.

They crack if you really heat load them on the track?

Or do they crack if you look at them sideways?

I am looking to buy the BrakeSwap setup of 4 rotors and Hawk HPS pads... which without sales tax, and including shipping, is not far off the local auto parts store prices for really good pads and OE rotors. The Hawk pads are the big kicker, and Brakeswap has them on sale with rotor purchase.

But I am not sure which discs I should get. I like the idea of the slotted rotors to keep the pads clean, and not glazed, and to de-gas the pads during operation, but they tend to wear pads just a bit more.

I wouldn't mind blanks, but I really don't want glazing, and pad deposits again, as I have now, that caused enough uneven wear to ruin the discs and the pads, and shook the steering wheel significantly.

The cross-drilled and slotted rotors are on sale, and cheaper than even the blank rotors, and if they are reliable I would like to save the money. I don't want to have to spend another 200-300$ for new rotors if they crack before the end of their service life, though. I'd rather pay 30-40$ more now, to not have to replace them sooner than necessary later.

Does anybody have experience putting mileage on Magnetic1's drilled and slotted rotors?

The car now has just shy of 60k miles, and the pads are mostly gone, and the backings are grinding the hell out of the front rotors. It is imminent to replace them, so I should get them ordered today or tomorrow.

Should have no need to cut rotors. Youre only taking away material...

Most of the time, youre just dealing w/ deposits. That shouldnt happen w/ quality pad compounds like the Hawk HPS.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Archived