LegacyGT.com

Complete vs Partial Debadge

Black08XT

I took of the "subaru" and the "outback" on my 08 OBXT tonight. I left the 2.5 XT on the right. Any thoughts if I should leave it or get rid of everything? I know it's minor detail, but I am not sure what would look best. I am leaning towards taking it off and having it totally clean.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 days with the car and I took all lettering off.

Probably why I got asked by a cop, when he pulled me over for speeding, "Is this an Impreza?"

I wanted to throw my maglite at his face...cause he was smiling when he asked.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

debating the same thing!! I was thinking of taking the LEGACY and SUBARU off and just leaving the 2.5 GT. Haven't decided yet, but probably will.

I was trying to think of what I could spell with the LEGACY emblem, because they're all separate letters, but I couldn't come up with anything clever yet!!

I also thought about just moving the SUBARU or LEGACY emblem to somewhere else (middle of trunk, engine compartment, etc.), dunno about that yet either.

I think just leaving the 2.5 GT.... or even just the GT for that matter would look pretty cool (like OP did).

Hey OP, how bout a pic? That would help us all give you our TRUE opinions of how it looks! (Personally I don't know how different the rear end of the outback is vs the LGT).

i took the badging off along with the dealer emblem the day i got it. and i did the same to my 05 after having it a week.

i hate having so much text on the back there.

I took all of my badges off and it looks real clean. No "tan" lines, or residue left over. I used a hair dryer to heat it up and then some fishing line to pull it off. Soap and water to seal the deal. Debadged FTW!!

I have Legacy GT on mine. Took off Subaru 'cause the badge should be enough to identify the brand and there's no other option in the GT other than 2.5 so nothing special there.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/Anibalrz/IMAG0100Large.jpg

Archived