LegacyGT.com

I have 2 difffernt wheelbases now!

Yah!! bumped a tree and kinked the control arm so much so that the tire lie 2 inches back in the wheel well.

also got a nice dent in the fender.

the best part is that that was fender that already had a dent from my chin and its the side i needed to replace my bearing in and replace the rack boot.

may also get new rotors and pads as these rotor have been red hot before and they are just not as good anymore.

ive been in the ditch many times. mostly on purpose just to showoff to my friends that have some Javanese fwd car 2 inches off the ground.

iv flown into the ditch 1(not paying atteion, 55mph)...2(didn't understand awd drifting yet, 5mph)..3(hydromud)......4(recent)

then like 10 plus times on purpose! lol

I was talking about the the control arm being damaged, cause that sucks. Ive never put my car in the ditch before though. Ive wrecked one car, and that was a 93 accord. Ran it straight into an underpass concrete pole. http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230384_9150686101_806161101_524178_7778_n.jpg

no im saying that cause of the bolt i just snapped. its not totalled i guess. my best advice. dont heat the bolt up unless you heat the frame up around it.

im done ******* around with breaker bars. im getting Ingersol Rand ti impact gun that puts down a half ton of torque in reverse.

Bellows boots are easy to change just remember the turns when taking everything apart and put it back on with the same amount of turns. And don't forget to get an alignment.There are a few youtube videos you can watch and that should give you some confidence.

no im saying that cause of the bolt i just snapped. its not totalled i guess. my best advice. dont heat the bolt up unless you heat the frame up around it.

im done ******* around with breaker bars. im getting Ingersol Rand ti impact gun that puts down a half ton of torque in reverse.

So you want something with more torque, that will just make the bolt break quicker

actually, unless you used an oxy/acetylene torch and got it reeeeeely hot, it was probably more from the torque. steel doesn't start to weaken appreciably until it gets to around 750F-1100F.

I got lucky on my last broken bolt, I was freaking out too cause it was one of the transfer extension housing bolts, but it was just overstressed and I was able to just turn the stub out with my fingers.

Archived