LegacyGT.com

STi wheels on Spec B.

eurolatin33

I'm just saying I probably wouldn't use them for myself because I am perfectly fine with the 5x100 options.

Not saying it isn't worth a bit more looking into. There is another thread I've seen floating around about hub adapters on the forum. I glanced over it and it seemed to have good info in it. Search for that.

Hey guys, was wondering if its possible to put on sti wheels on my spec b. Or if there are any pics of it?

For modern sti wheels you have a couple options:

- Use adapters like you referenced, but get a name brand type that won't fail, should be around $250. You will end up wth a wheel that effectively fits like a 18x8.5 et30. Which will be possible to fit with plenty of fender rolling and camber.

- Do a 114x5 conversion. Swap wheel bearing assemblies (they have the studs), rotors, and whatever else is needed to make the conversion, you'll have to look into it.

- Get something that looks similar. Or better. I like the TSW Nurburgrings on my car.

To me it's not worth the effort with the sti wheels, they aren't that light.

I was under the impression that the specB's ran a state-of-the-art 5x118.88 wheel pattern because the sheer forces it produces was snapping the carbon/magnesium wheel studs? And I can't understand why you'd want to take the forged titanium alloy wheels off the B and put on the basic cast aluminum from the STI.

To run a 5x114.3 wheel on your car you have 3 options...

1. Buy an adapter/spacer that converts it (~$150-$200)

2. Have the wheels redrilled aka "filled and drilled" to your correct pattern

3. Do a hub swap

Option #1 is your best option out of those 3. However, the best option would be to use wheels that fit your vehicle. Also, make sure the wheels match the Subaru hub bore size of 56.1. If it's larger than that, you'll need hub centric rings which can be bought on TireRack for cheap.

• 4 weeks later...
BBS 04 STI's had 5x100 for the first gen. Very rare though & hard to find bout they're out there.

Yea I wouldn't say rare, people just want crackhead prices for them.

These are true.

I bought my STi new in '03--WR Blue with gold BBS's. The first thing I did was pull the rims with those ridiculous Bridgestones off & put them on eBay. IIRC, they sold for $2200. :lol:

Tits mcgee

Archived