LegacyGT.com

water-methanol injections for non turbo legacy?

I don't think that you will get much extra on a standard engine.

I'll suggest that you start by getting a GT or a WRX (STi) before experimenting with methanol injection.

The benefits of the methanol injection is primarily that it allows for higher compression without pre-detonation, but it is of course more to that than only the octane boost effect. The water transition from liquid to steam adds some extra power too, so it's not completely useless to do the methanol injection.

But on a turbo engine it also means that you can have an increased charging pressure, which in turn means more power. And increasing turbo pressure is relatively easy!

453747.png

Well I'm stuck with this car for another 2 years, and I want to get some sort of performance increase out of it. I don't race, I don't take tight turns going 50 miles an hour, but I do like to feel a little umph sometimes and my car just can't do it.

Water injection won't for your NA motor. Not that I'm suggesting it, but Nitrous is the chemical you need to inject into an NA motor for the "umph" you're looking for.

I've been told that nitrous isn't really the best for my engine. But it would be fun to have I suppose.

Archived