LegacyGT.com

One of the best glass cleaners I've ever used.

As most know, the inside of subi windshields are notorious for being dirty. Some kind of weird residue, it's been on every one I've owned. Seriously.

Shift to 2017, and well, same situation. Tried multiple types of glass cleaners over the years, to no avail. Smudges, that slick oily residue, and once in a while, it'd be alright.

Well, I finally started a search, and came across the product that I've linked.

Cleaned all the glass in the car with 2 cloths, and water, and I've never seen the windshield so clean. Ever...on any one of the previous subi's Ive owned.

So, just passing on my findings. Water, and 2 cloths. A little bit of elbow grease, and that's it. Clean! And no, I don't work for the company, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Glass-Cleaning-Cloths-Chemicals/dp/B00KAJ42GO/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp

If you live near a Harbor Freight store, check out the coupons for free microfiber cloths. The deal is buy something else and get the towels free. I recommend the purchase of composite ratchet wrench. Less than $10 and you can use the 20% off coupon to get a better deal. 72 teeth means a click every 5 degrees of rotation. Works great in tight spots.

Right on. I'll have to check it out, even though the closest HF is about 30 mintues, in either direction.

Also, I haven't seen any that are specific for 'glass' on their site...the ones included in the package I purchased are very 'fine' cloths, which make glass cleaning nice and easy.

In any case, thanks for the tip! :)

• Moderators
Invisible Glass made by Stoner is a great glass cleaning product and is available pretty much everywhere. Ammonia free so it's safe for tinted windows as well, and it's cheap. Paper towels and that product will work fine.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Invisible Glass made by Stoner is a great glass cleaning product and is available pretty much everywhere. Ammonia free so it's safe for tinted windows as well, and it's cheap. Paper towels and that product will work fine.

I have a bottle of that as well, and after use, I still prefer the water/cloth method. Gets rid of that Subaru windshield grime... :eek:

Nice to see great minds still think alike. Used that stuff last week.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Water plus a few tablespoons of vinegar and a drop of Lemon Joy in a quart size spray bottle. Wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Polish with a second microfiber cloth. Inexpensive and uses things you probably have around the house already.

been using for many years; trick for that 'suby grime' is to not rush right in and start wiping, but let it soak for about 20s after you spray it. two passes like that clears just about anything.

Yeah, I love Invisible Glass.

Why do I want a composite ratcheting wrench? Don't think I own one of those.

The price is right and you get a "click" with every 5 degrees rotation. Harbor Freight does sell some questionable stuff, but I found "Made in Taiwan" means it's a lot better than made in China.

• 2 weeks later...
I use Invisible Glass myself. Though over time, my windows usually end up getting fogged up/grimy. Unfortunately this fog/grime is an inevitable after effect of using cleaners/protectants on the Dash Board. These Cleaners/Protectants will eventually evaporate from the dashboard, and with the windshield right there, deposit on the glass...

• 4 years later...
On 11/21/2017 at 1:09 PM, inthedeck said:

I have a bottle of that as well, and after use, I still prefer the water/cloth method. Gets rid of that Subaru windshield grime... :eek:

I see this is an old post - but I am SO happy to see people talk about that grime!!!  I have been trying to figure out why the inside of my windshield is grimy!!!  I do NOT smoke!