LegacyGT.com

Why i hate my APv1

Andyjo

Because i bought a v3... and i figure, ok, divorce the v1, install v3, easy right?

Connect the green connections, Plug in the v1, hit 'return to stock', do what is says... starts doing it's thing.. all good, i leave it alone (because the dongle is sensitive to anything), come back ~ 10 mins later and it's on the main screen again, like it had just been sitting there.. :spin:

Now i have a Er HC on the ODO... tried it again, it tells you to turn the car off then on... do that then it can't communicate w/ the ECU... so it tells you to try again.. this goes on for a little while, until i DON'T turn it off, and it starts doing it's flashing again.... :spin:

We'll see how far it gets this time... :cool:

How long does it take to flash a base map with the V3? My V1 took... at least 30 minutes.

Are the COBB stage 1 maps still knock inducing, valve destroying tunes?

I have a V2, and Cobb Stage 1 caused some high load/high RPM knock, so I switched to the Cobb Stock Mode map, and still had some high load knock, just not as much. I contacted BrenTuning, and started doing a custom Stage 1.

The logs I sent from the 1st revision looked pretty similar to Cobb's Stage 1 - knock at 5500+ rpm.

Bren reviewed the logs, and said it looked like the car was in dire need of a new fuel pump. I installed a DW65c, re-logged Rev 1, and no more knock. That expertise is what I spent the $150 bucks on.

So, no clue whether or not Cobb's stage 1 causes knock. If I get bored one day maybe I'll flash the Stage 1 OTS and see how it compares to the e-tune.

How long does it take to flash a base map with the V3? My V1 took... at least 30 minutes.

Are the COBB stage 1 maps still knock inducing, valve destroying tunes?

the V3 took maybe 8 minutes total to "install"? (Including backing up the stock ECU data), roughly the same time to "backup" as to flash a new base map. I might go play around and flash another map and time it if i feel rambunctious today....

Not sure if the Stage 1 induces knock, the one run around town i did w/ logging turned on showed no knocking.

So i was using the COBB Stage 1 (OTS) 93 Octane v116 map.. now i'm using the v300 map. It might just be that the car hadn't "learned" it's way around itself yet, but i did find that at lower rpm's (backing out of the driveway etc...) it seems like it would be easier to stall, but that might just be a function of me actually paying attention to everything vs just driving...

Bren reviewed the logs, and said it looked like the car was in dire need of a new fuel pump. I installed a DW65c, re-logged Rev 1, and no more knock. That expertise is what I spent the $150 bucks on.

That's interesting. What on the log would indicate a problematic fuel pump?

I had COBB Stage 1 91oct for several years. Needed three new exhaust valves last year.

the V3 took maybe 8 minutes total to "install"? (Including backing up the stock ECU data), roughly the same time to "backup" as to flash a new base map. I might go play around and flash another map and time it if i feel rambunctious today....

Hmm, that's a lot quicker than my V1 took.

Unfortunately my V1 is now useless. The Jr. Monkey at the dealer flashed the ECU when specifically asked to only pull the freeze-frame data by the service manager. :rolleyes:

Archived