LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy Clutch/Fly on 2005 Legacy GT Issues

retslo

I'm using the 2007 Legacy GT clutch/single mass flywheel (from Fred Beans) but we are having issues with 1/2" being too short. When you engage clutch it comes off transmission. My mechanic is scratching his head on why would that be. Any suggestion guys? I can't be only one that had that issue of this not working correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the clutch & flywheel is for the GT model? The 2.5i kit is different than the GT kit.

May have to pull it off and measure the flywheel and clutch to see if it has the same distance as the OEM.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Yeah I think that is where I'm going to check on Monday. It is unlikely that Fred Beans sent me wrong parts but it is worth checking. These are part numbers that should be in there: 30100AA883 (Disk), 30210AA690 (Pressure Plate) and 12342AA090 (Flywheel) - I was told by Subaru those should be GT parts. Anyone knows 2.5i parts?

It would make sense that new kit should have same distance as OEM otherwise it is wrong kit.

Thanks!

I got my 07-09OEM flywheel and Spec clutch from "underdog" everything works great.

You need to have 07-09 GT FW and clutch kit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys - update here.

Yes all worked fine once I got my buddy mechanic involved. First place managed to bend and damage few parts but in the end all parts fit. Clutch is so much nicer than original and of course no noise like aftermarket ones. Hopefully that helps somebody!

Archived