LegacyGT.com

Car doesn't beep when I lock it.

Did you get a manual with the car? A standard feature in the capability to disable the chime.

It just requires pushing the right Fob buttons, to re-enable the chime. My car is covered in a foot of snow, otherwise I would give you the procedure:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• I Donated Too

Did you fix it. Directions aren't on the back of my fob - just says 'car finder function - press 'lock symbol' 3 times within 5 seconds' and a short explanation that the panic button is a panic feature! and the battery type...

but I know this... press and hold the lock and unlock buttons for a few seconds until the beep returns - repeat to disable again.

I keep mine silent, I get home very late at night. Even with the beeps disabled you'll still be warned with the beeps if the car can't be locked properly (like you've left the trunk unlatched/door ajar etc.)

Sigma got it. I was just about to post that you can hold down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time to enable and disable the beep.

This is a colossal pain in the butt. Half the time when I jam my keys into my handbag, the chime ends up disabled :mad:

There should be a way to set it, and forget it:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived