LegacyGT.com

2007 2.5GT Wagon Owners?

Is there anyone here who owns a 2007 2.5 GT Limited wagon that has the navigation plus VDC option? I've been looking for one to buy for a little while and haven't found one yet.

I'm wondering if Subaru ever actually sold any of these. Does anyone know how much this option package cost? I'm guessing it was so high-priced that very few buyers were interested.

VDC may be nice, my Spec has it. I wouldn't go out and pay more for it. I've been driving for 45 years without it, I'm still alive.

IMO the factory NAV is not worth the money either, I have a Tom Tom, use it in any car I'm in, free live time updates, free traffic updates and will re-route you around a traffic back up. Much better bang for the buck.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah, I suspect it's the widespread "I wouldn't go out and pay more for it" that is why the VDC wasn't popular when it had to be ordered as an option. That and the fact that Subaru made the ridiculous choice to bundle it with navigation. In contrast, the European makers of the time wisely made stability control standard rather early or made it a reasonably-priced option. (Which, of course, is what Subaru did with your spec.) That was why I bought an Audi A3 rather than another Subaru when I was looking to replace my 1996 Legacy GT wagon in 2006.

Stability control is probably the best safety advance since the seatbelt, or perhaps the airbag. In one aspect, it's even better because it can actually prevent crashes or reduce the severity of them, rather than just protecting occupants after a crash happens. Like you I'm still alive (and uninjured) after driving for over 40 years, but stability control almost certainly would have prevented a couple of crashes that I was involved in on slippery roads years ago.

VDC may be nice, my Spec has it. I wouldn't go out and pay more for it. I've been driving for 45 years without it, I'm still alive.

IMO the factory NAV is not worth the money either, I have a Tom Tom, use it in any car I'm in, free live time updates, free traffic updates and will re-route you around a traffic back up. Much better bang for the buck.

In the used market these "options" fetch very little premium. I paid very little premium when I purchased a 2007 Acura MDX used for the Technology/Ent package which included built in navigation, upgraded stereo, and DVD player rear entertainment for kids and rear heated seats. I believe this $10k package added about $800 when all said and done with 85k miles on the used vehicle.

Archived