LegacyGT.com

Custom exhaust setup?

Been looking at exhaust systems and am not looking to spend too much. I was thinking about going to my local shop and getting a custom one done. Does anyone have their muffler set up before the y pipe so that it's only one muffler, but still has the dual exhaust?

Think there is one person on here who did that.

I like that idea.

Check around the exhaust forum or may be on youtube.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm close to having a custom exhaust made for my wagon I just need to find the time. During ski season it's hard to do that.

I have been wondering about with just one muffler under the car and just have pipes and nice tips out the back.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

chato, I think that's just a muffler deletes.

here's mine on my Spec B.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/th_VID00001.jpg

My wagon is catless and much louder then the Spec which has stock exhaust less mufflers.

The stock exhaust without mufflers sounds great.

Remove yours and start the car.

The guy's at the emissions testing station yesterday remarked about how great the car sounded.

honestly, the price i paid (550) was a bargain, concidering all the bends are mandrel and its all stainless steel piping. my only warning is to make sure you use a small muffler on your setup because there isnt mich space to spare between the driveshaft and the ground. in the spring when it gets a little warmer im going to have the shop that did the work weld in a smaller muffler because i scrape the ground every so often and its really annoying haha

Archived