LegacyGT.com

Deals on other Sites (5th Gen)

Got a slow leak in the sidewall of one of my tires... with 45k miles on all 4, guess I need to replace them all. Anyone heard of any good deals on tires... maybe a buy 3 get 1 free? Gonna be buying Michelin Pilot SS in 225/45/18.

All I can say pfoyle is go into a majority of ford delaerships and they'll price match just about anywhere. Otherwise go into a discounttire and theyll price match anywhere as well if they have what you're looking for.

National Tire and Battery website is quoting me $907.92 for all 4 tires installed. That's the best price I've found by about $100. Checking with my local store to see if they can get them, will ask about the $70 MIR when they confirm. Damn, this is turning into an expensive day! :(

Have you measured the tread on your tires yet? 45k is pretty up there, but I wonder what your actual tread wear is actually at.

Haven't measured the tread, but since 1 has a hole in the sidewall, I either need to find someplace to (significantly) shave a tire down (to match 45k miles on other tires), or just get 4 new ones. I'm leaning towards 4 new ones, which will give me a reasonable one to use as my full sized spare, and 2 others to either sell, or hang on to for use in the future.

What kind of tires do you run I saved two decent tires when I changed mine. Might have a close tread depth if tires are the same.

They are Bridgestone 970AS Pole Positions. What do you have, and what's the approx miles on them? Thanks!

They are Bridgestone 970AS Pole Positions. What do you have, and what's the approx miles on them? Thanks!

I have all season tires...like 7/32nds on em. Can't remember exactly which kind off hand but definitely not Bridgestone PP's

Just pulled the trigger on 4 x Mich Pilot SS through tirebuyer.com (thanks Picky1!). $859.99 delivered to my house (using coupon code RETAILMENOT7P for 7% off). A local friend (Bucko) says he's got a friend who can mount/balance in his garage, so should be able to save a few dollars there too. Still not cheap, but I guess "cheaper" is better than nothing! :rolleyes:

Haven't measured the tread, but since 1 has a hole in the sidewall, I either need to find someplace to (significantly) shave a tire down (to match 45k miles on other tires), or just get 4 new ones. I'm leaning towards 4 new ones, which will give me a reasonable one to use as my full sized spare, and 2 others to either sell, or hang on to for use in the future.

This is why I asked if you had measured the tread wear. While mileage is nice to get a ballpark, it ultimately doesn't mean much.

Tirerack can include tire shaving if you request it. I actually had to replace a winter tire that had a bulge, and my three remaining tires have about 7mm (9/32") of treadwear remaining, but I make an effort to break my tires loose more often than I probably should (because AWD turbo). Hopefully, you would have been able to save a bit of money with an intermediate solution.

Seems like it's a moot point now anyway. When it's time for me to get some new summers (I'm still using the OEM's on my Weds), I'll be getting a set of PSS.

This is why I asked if you had measured the tread wear. While mileage is nice to get a ballpark, it ultimately doesn't mean much.

Tirerack can include tire shaving if you request it. I actually had to replace a winter tire that had a bulge, and my three remaining tires have about 7mm (9/32") of treadwear remaining, but I make an effort to break my tires loose more often than I probably should (because AWD turbo).

Hopefully, you would have been able to save a bit of money with an intermediate solution. Seems like it's a moot point now anyway.

I appreciate the info and help! But with 1 dead tire, and 1 nearly bald spare, I decide just to bite the bullet and get some sweet summer tires! Now I have 3 tires to choose from for my spare, and may sell the other 2, or just hang on to them until I need them for something else. Wanted to get this done ASAP so I can hopefully get them mounted next week/weekend and not have to worry about driving around on my bald spare.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice/help though!

Just pulled the trigger on 4 x Mich Pilot SS through tirebuyer.com (thanks Picky1!). $859.99 delivered to my house (using coupon code RETAILMENOT7P for 7% off). A local friend (Bucko) says he's got a friend who can mount/balance in his garage, so should be able to save a few dollars there too. Still not cheap, but I guess "cheaper" is better than nothing! :rolleyes:

Glad it worked out; I was turned onto that website from BITOG. I am actually shopping for tires too, I gave them my email and they sent me $20 coupon on a purchase of 4 tires....whoopee!

Super fast shipping from tirebuyer.com! They just arrived at my house... and were left on my front porch... and I am at work for another 5.5hours (and then have a 45min drive to get home). :eek: Sure hope they're still there when I get home! :spin:

Super fast shipping from tirebuyer.com! They just arrived at my house... and were left on my front porch... and I am at work for another 5.5hours (and then have a 45min drive to get home). :eek: Sure hope they're still there when I get home! :spin:

Wow that is quick, glad it all worked out for you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Subaru Parts Warehouse - Black Friday Week - 25% off orders of $89 or more with Code: BF14 - online orders only, expires 12/1/14

http://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/?siteid=217823

Edited by GTEASER

Subaru Parts Warehouse - Black Friday Week - 25% off orders of $89 or more with Code: BF14 - online orders only, expires 12/1/14

http://estore.subarupartswarehouse.com/?siteid=217823

This worked, very good! Just used it to buy the puddle light kit, interior illumination kit and sill plates. Saved $117 from their price which was nearly as low as any I could find.

Thanks again!

Tom

• 1 month later...