LegacyGT.com

Wheel Offset question - Confused in selection

bala84

Hi all,

I'm new to Subaru, I bought a legacy GT (Atlantic Blue) from senior contributor in here just about a month back :). things or changing the wheels

I know there are some excellent threads talking about wheels and offset. With my knowledge I not sure if I am seeing them right.

Below mentioned are 2 sets I am looking in craigslist to buy. I mean 1 among the 2 sets.

I'm confused in reading the offsets :spin:. I'm running on stock set up. Please suggest the one that I can buy with out rolling the fenders or changing any existing settings.

1) Wheel Specs: Work Emotion CR Kai Bronze, 17x8, Offset +32, PCD 5x100

Tire Specs: Kuhmo Ecsta ASX 225/45/17

or

2) Wheel Specs: OZ Racing Supperleggeras Track Rally Gunmetal. 17x8, +35 offset, PCD 5x100

Tire Specs: Fierce 225/45/17

Also suggest what will be the best choice for a Atlantic Blue LGT. If anyone has picture of this setup done already please post the pics

Thanks in advance

I'd pick number 2 personally.

Either way with those two sets, the offsets are huge. I have a feeling if your stock ride height or even lowered a little they will rub on the fenders. Stock offset is a +55, most people run a +48 or a +45, and sometimes those set ups rub.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Neither of those sets will go on your Legacy without fender work. Like windy road said, you'll want to look for a +45 to +55 offset to avoid having to do work, but the +45 sometimes requires work depending on the tire width.

Not to be too forward, but based on the wheels you're looking at, I do have a set of Work Emotion XD9s up for sale with tires that are +45 offset, but they're 18x8. The thread is in the classifieds

/shameless plug

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived