LegacyGT.com

Will Subaru's direction make your current Suby your last?

ATB

Will Subaru's direction make your current Suby your last?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Will Subaru's direction make your current Suby your last?

• Yes
    • No

I have been noticing quite a bit of negativity toward SoA arround here lately due to such thigs as the avaliblity of option packages, manuals, colors, etc.

I was curious for those of you who currently own a Subaru if the direction SoA looks to be going will prevent you from getting another Subar (at least anytime soon.

Count me in the 'no more Subarus' column.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was supposed to be an initiative at Subaru to move the company towards sports/performance, and the LGT seemed a good way to do it. They backed off, though, especially with wagons. I love my LGT and figure to keep it, but if it gets hit or stolen I will not buy a new Subaru wagon until they bring back a MT and cloth upholstery in one of the higher-output models.

I am in the market for another manual turbo wagon, so two of them should serve me for like another 8-10 years. This should give plenty of time to the stupid SOA to think over their market approach.

Chances are they will bring turbo diesel, so if they sell that as manua wagon, I'll may buy it.

I have really liked the Subarus I have owned and will continue to buy them until I can afford a Cayman or 911. :icon_bigg

One of the big reasons is that I have had a really good Service experience at the dealership I take my car to. The lead service guy there has always taken the time to talk to me when I bring my car in, has never given me any hassle on warranty items, and has always gone the extra mile to make sure I am satisfied. As someone who has had the opposite experience with other brands and from stories I have heard from my friends this kind of thing means alot to me.

i am undecided until i see what direction they are going to take witht he legacy...im pretty sure that a legacy STI will be the opnly one to keep me with subaru, unless the Spec B gets a little more things done to it...

other than that, Evo X will be my next car

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

i am undecided until i see what direction they are going to take witht he legacy...im pretty sure that a legacy STI will be the opnly one to keep me with subaru, unless the Spec B gets a little more things done to it...

Pretty much the same deal here, Legacy STI or I'll probably move onto another brand. I'm hoping for '08. I'm sorry Subaru, but I've owned both an Impreza STI and Legacy GT Wagon, I love a combination of the characteristics of both, if I could combine the best from each platform I would, but currently they aren't making it. I'd be surprised to see one by MY08, my next vehicle purchase probably. That Impreza STI Limited still doesn't give those of us looking for a fast car in a nice and comfortable package, it's still rough, loud, and raw even though it loses the big wing and gets black brake calipers. Woooo.

Other options include: Lexus IS500 given right configuration, and E90 M3 Sedan. A Legacy STI is clearly a much more viable one, a Spec B just isn't quite up to the plate unfortunately.

I am not going to even get to Subaru number one, if this keeps up.

looked at smaller dealerships around tonight, and the wife really liked the BMW 3-series E46 sedan we saw. It was a bargain 323, but 325s and 328s can be found. Legacys cannot.

She also liked the Audi A4 1.8t we saw. It was an 02. I like the look, but repair bills are kinda scary, considering what I have been hearing about VAG products. She liked the 14k pricetag, though, and actually suggested keeping the truck at that price point, which would be somewhat practical.

If I can tolerate FWD, which I am not sure I can, the Mazda 6 5-door looks nice.

If Legacys are too hard to find, my wife's desire to get "this whole car thing overwith, and just buy one, already..." which is just about to peak, and we can't find a Legacy, I may find myself driving a german car, or a two-mazda garage.

Subaru has a good car, but if no one can buy it, or no one knows about it, or no one can get what they want, people will, and are buying other products.

But, if I can't find a MT wagon (larger than the WRX), then I am definitely looking elsewhere until I find one... and this is after over 30+ years of Subaru ownership.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
Who knows? By the time I buy another car they may have something totally worth the wait or another manufacturer will. I suspect that I'll get another Subaru unless they can't excite me with what they offer.

That Impreza STI Limited still doesn't give those of us looking for a fast car in a nice and comfortable package, it's still rough, loud, and raw even though it loses the big wing and gets black brake calipers. Woooo.

Is this from experience? Have you driven one? I was really curious if the improved sound deadening made a difference.

Observation and a question.

First, poll above indicates that those of us slamming SOA direction are a small, insignificant customer base, thus SOA decisions. Granted, if SOA had promoted the LegGT performance and new image properly and if they had not given a long list of reasons not to buy LegGT, we may be a very large attractive, move-up customer base.

Second, I do not surf other Subaru sites. Is this revolt against the SOA direction a hot topic on other Subaru sites?

I have had a 03 wrx and now a 06 lgt. My wife has had a 98 outback and now a 06 tribeca. We will be subaru people for a while and unless I make a ton of money I think it will stay that way.

Granted, I will look at other cars and pick the best for the money but so far subaru has fit that bill. Most car companies that sell cars under 40 grand do not give you every option nor do they let you pick every color combination. The only reason to step up to another car company is for the "prestige" factor. I would love an BMW 3 series but the 330xi was too expensive and not enough of an upgrade to pass up a LGT at invoice.

I'm not loyal to any brand, so it depends entirly on what's available when I purchase my next car.

At this point in time it just happened that the Legacy met all of my requirements the best. If Subaru screws something up 5 years down the road, to the point where there's something better out there, then yeah this will be my last. But their current decisions aren't affecting the Legacy's I like.

I like Subaru a lot and would stay loyal.

However, the Evo X is very tempting. But the LGT Spec.B 6MT, bilstein, navi, 60/40 folding seats is tempting as well.

They need to bump up the Spec B in power (or make an STi version).

They need to bump up power in the Tribeca by a lot... 215 lb-ft is a joke

And they definetly need to bring back the manual in the LGT Wagon, not that I dont love the Outback, but it doesnt make sense since they are the same car.

People, you need realize Spec.B by definition is not about more power, but about "more suspension" and few extra goodies.

They need to bring Legacy STI. This is so simple... just drop Impreza STI engine into Legacy (just different manifold/turbo/IC), and that's it... people do it in their driveways...

My dream job would be to become CEO of SOA, or at least product planning/management head.

You would guys love my products.... and those WOULD sell well, too.

While I voted "yes", it is more of a maybe. I like some of the rumors I am hearing about bringing the H6 into the Legacy line, and I love the 07 JDM styling. But I hate the lack of exterior colors that are actually colors, the lack of manual tranny in a wagon, the huge and irrational push toward a beige interior, and the "my way or the highway" attitude that SOA is handling objections with.

I've fallen in love with my wife's OBXT, and take any opprtunity to drive it, even if it's just to the video store and back. I don't need AWD or ground clearance in my next car, but a LGT sedan or wagon fits my needs just right. I also have PDX Tuning practically in my back yard. But if my only color options (with black interior) are black, silver, or gray, then I won't be buying a Legacy in early 07, simply put.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived