LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Clutch Question

Hey guys, So I've been a lurker here for a few months as I just got my LGT in January. It has 130k on it now and its time for a new clutch. Ive tried to do some searching here on the forum for what people usually use to replace the oem clutch. Ive seen a few threads about using a wrx clutch and flywheel as they're single mass over the LGTs double mass.

Has anyone done the WRX clutch and noticed a significant difference? The car is bone stock right now but Im looking to get an accessport and exhaust, no more than that.

Thanks for any input!

The car is bone stock right now but Im looking to get an accessport and exhaust, no more than that.

Thanks for any input!

You're gonna need to do the usual banjo bolt filter removal, as well as a catless UP. I'd suggest doing those before you spend $600+ on a catback system.

You're gonna need to do the usual banjo bolt filter removal, as well as a catless UP. I'd suggest doing those before you spend $600+ on a catback system.

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. The banjo bolt is coming out this weekend. And the UP will be next. I ment as far as performance mods.

Or something like a Spec 2 or 2+ clutch. I'm not a big fan of the OEM clutch in these cars.

Southbend clutches seem to get good reviews too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived