LegacyGT.com

Sluggish Car after pulling ROM

Qckslvr

All I did was copy the factory ROM to the laptop using ECUFlash, no tuning, or any funny business. When I get in the car to drive today, the RPMs are sluggish; a quick jab of the throttle produces a slow rise in RPM.

I noticed it the most when I went to rev-match...

Any ideas?

dumb question: did u plug in the green test connectors and forget to disconnect them?
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

AFAIK, these are not present on 08 models right?

Present, but not needed.

I havent run a LV on it since i pulled the ROM, should I? What would I be looking for?

Take an LV and post the screenshot up here. Enable DTC reader too. It will help determine any "funny business" :)

Pulling the rom in newer canbus cars does reset the ECU. Afterwards, you need to let it idle for 5ish minutes without touching the accelerator, or you will have rpm hunting going on for a day or 2..

Pulling the rom in newer canbus cars does reset the ECU. Afterwards, you need to let it idle for 5ish minutes without touching the accelerator, or you will have rpm hunting going on for a day or 2..

So at this point, assuming this is what is occuring, do i now let it idle for a while, or do i "reset" it again, and then let it idle, or....?

Just reset the ecu while the car is fully warmed up. Restart and let it idle for 2-3 min, then do a few part throttle runs. What happens is your IAM drops after a reset - ECU needs to make sure there is no knock before giving you full timing advance. Easiest way to do this on my car is 40% throttle runs.

Just reset the ecu while the car is fully warmed up. Restart and let it idle for 2-3 min, then do a few part throttle runs. What happens is your IAM drops after a reset - ECU needs to make sure there is no knock before giving you full timing advance. Easiest way to do this on my car is 40% throttle runs.

Is there is a quick easy way to reset the ECU, or should I pull the ROM again?

RR Logger can reset the ECU, as can Learning View.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived