LegacyGT.com

Front brake rotors warped

robsop1

ya...me too...i thought it was because of me at first, but after i replaced it, it happened again...

im on the fence aout getting brembos... or just a brake upgrade... but ya... second set of rotors, warped...with no track time ...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

My LGT is the first vehicle I ever owned that made it past 12,000 miles without a pulsation.

Right now, at 32k, it still is smooth as glass unless I do several hard stops, then it will pulsate slightly. IMO, it's the pads that are causing the problem. Possible pad transfer to the rotor or just glazed pads.

This is covered under the basic 3/36 warranty, they will resurface them.

pad deposits.. my stock rotors are still good after 36,000 miles of autox and track driving with various brake pads.. it's just pad deposits on the rotor surface.. nothing of a big deal.. if you want to get rid of it, just do longer harder braking and get some of the brake dust off the surface.. or just get the rotors resurfaced.. if you dont want to go through that kind of hassle, just get some better pads the next go around that doesn't leave a lot of brake dust and tracings/hotspots.
Keefe

explain

He said he didn't want a "skim job" which, I assume, means simply having his rotors resurfaced.

I meant to say SOA will fix under warranty, but they will cut the rotors, rather than simply throwing brand new rotors on the car.

He said he didn't want a "skim job" which, I assume, means simply having his rotors resurfaced.

I meant to say SOA will fix under warranty, but they will cut the rotors, rather than simply throwing brand new rotors on the car.

oh ok...ya i figured that...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the shaking steering wheel around 20K miles in my 05 GT. Took in into dealer and they said roters were warped and needed to be turned. They did it under warranty but asked if I had my tires rotated recently. They had been rotated by Discount Tire about 1-2 months before. Dealer said the rotors could get improperly seated if the lugs aren't tightend corretly.

Be careful who you let rotate your tires!

I had the shaking steering wheel around 20K miles in my 05 GT. Took in into dealer and they said roters were warped and needed to be turned. They did it under warranty but asked if I had my tires rotated recently. They had been rotated by Discount Tire about 1-2 months before. Dealer said the rotors could get improperly seated if the lugs aren't tightend corretly.

Discount Tire's policy is that they use manual torque wrenches to tighten lug nuts. I confirmed this was true (at least in my one sample) when I went there with my previous car.

Archived