LegacyGT.com

Sound System 07 Sedan vibration?

So, I have 2 10" Alpine Subwoofers. So they shake my whole entire rear panel behind the seats. So the plastic around my 3rd light hits the glass and makes a very annoying vibration.

I did a little fix by wedging a silk glasses case between the window and plastic but when you hit the brakes it looks pretty dumb.

Any fixes on this to hold that panel down? Anyone had the same problem? I couldn't find anything on this. Any mods I could do to the 3rd light? (No, i'm not going to take it out).

I feel like your best bet would be to take off the rear deck lid and place down some sound deadening. That should take care of the majority of it, but that's just a guess. I have yet to start on my sound system but I've heard Subarus have that problem! Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

May have to be patient and have a bit of free time, but I would get some Double sided tape preferably from 3M or similar to it. And with a razor blade/exacto knife cut to the width of the third brake light or which ever area is hitting the window but I would just do the whole lip to keep it clean. The tape is strong but also comes off with a good tug.

Archived