LegacyGT.com

What is it with Boston Cops?

BCP2011

I'm not about to start a flame debate about speeding, etc. I think some of the speed limits are ridiculously low in some areas but whatever.

But yesterday morning (Friday) on my way to the airport for a 6AM shuttle, I saw a cop on the side of Storrow Dr near Mass Ave bridge at 4:30AM in the morning with a speed gun! Really??!?! There were two cars within a mile of me and you want to bust people for speeding? If there's not enough police work at that time then maybe the dept can reduce their budget and save us some taxes.

WTF is wrong with them?

:spin:

I could be wrong, but aren't they perpetually doing night work on the bridges on storrow drive? I bet he's looking to nab some people for speeding in a construction zone. I bet that's a hefty fine.

I didn't see any construction around. It just baffles me that you would try to enforce speed limit at a time when it totally doesn't matter when there are so many asshole drivers out there during the day time (Boston is the only place in the US that I've been where taking a right turn from the left most lane doesn't even elicit a honk -- clearly the locals are endorsing the behavior..).

I'm not about to start a flame debate about speeding, etc. I think some of the speed limits are ridiculously low in some areas but whatever.

But yesterday morning (Friday) on my way to the airport for a 6AM shuttle, I saw a cop on the side of Storrow Dr near Mass Ave bridge at 4:30AM in the morning with a speed gun! Really??!?! There were two cars within a mile of me and you want to bust people for speeding? If there's not enough police work at that time then maybe the dept can reduce their budget and save us some taxes.

WTF is wrong with them?

:spin:

This is where we suggest you fill in your profile so we know where you live. Seemingly the police department where you live is more enlightened?

Last year I drove Storrow Drive three days a week at 6am for six months and don't think I even saw a police officer of any sort in that time.

As part of Storrow Drive is officially Route 28 or Route 3 or both, it's likely the MSP have jurisdiction there anyway. Not sure about the rest. Because there's almost no place to pull anyone over, anyway, traffic enforcement is generally quite lax.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I didn't see any construction around. It just baffles me that you would try to enforce speed limit at a time when it totally doesn't matter when there are so many asshole drivers out there during the day time.

I've been pulled over for allegedly doing 65++ on RT 128 at 3:00 AM when there is no traffic. Never mind that during "rush hour" people routinely do 85++ in heavy traffic on this route. I think the police have given up handing out speeding tickets in the middle of rush hour as is simply too dangerous to do so.

In my case I just got a warning. Maybe the cop thought I might be a drunk driver ?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been pulled over for allegedly doing 65++ on RT 128 at 3:00 AM when there is no traffic. Never mind that during "rush hour" people routinely do 85++ in heavy traffic on this route. I think the police have given up handing out speeding tickets in the middle of rush hour as is simply too dangerous to do so.

In my case I just got a warning. Maybe the cop thought I might be a drunk driver ?

A co-worker had a Mustang GT (now he drives an Accord V6). He once drove from Boston to Beverly, MA at 2am on a Saturday night and was stopped five times. No tickets, basically just checking to see if he was drunk or the car was stolen.

And a buddy drove his old Porsche 911 from Boston to Burlington VT and got three tickets: one in MA, one in NH, and one in VT. Nearly $600....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived