LegacyGT.com

96 subie legacy sedan

so i am going to pick up a 96 legacy tomorrow. 1400 its the sedan awd 5spd... is there anything you would recomend i check out that maybe legacys are known for? i am mechanically inclined even though im a chic lol. but its my first time owning a subie. i have driven them, brother has an old school impreza, but ive never been elbow deep in grease mesing with one...

any random thoughts would be awesome!!!

its probably going to burn a little oil if its the 2.5 GT model, the headgaskets could definately be a problem (could be why the price is so low..)

headgaskets will be something you can do yourself, its just gonna take a long long time or a thousand dollars.

check to make the suspension isnt bagged, and if you can get some gravel make sure the AWD is working, what can happen with subies is either rear or front differentials will lose performance, so there are subarus that are more FWD or RWD than they are AWD

the basic maintenance stuff is really easy on the car such as:

Oil change,

oil filter

Fuel filter

Air filter

Spark plugs

plug wires (my car misfired, you probably wont need to replace)

Change that after purchasing the car if you do and it should run a bit better

my clutch is weird on my car but make sure that it isnt releasing right around the end as i think that means your clutch is going out.

(my clutch will randomly chirp, ill have to push the clutch pedal in and out to get the chirping to stop? throwaway bearing or something..)

it is the l model. 2.2 ... im kinda ill right now b/c he and i are supposed to meet up tomorrow and trade cash for title. but now he's all like his car isnt ready. he had the add up last week and said we could do it tomorrow. now i get a f'in text saying his honda isnt goin to be ready so i guess i gotta keep looking thanks guys for the help...

yeah headgaskets are kinda rare for the 2.2 when compared with the 2.5 and how they'd blow around 100-130k. nothing against Ls justin haha, but we like the gts a little better. just a bit :)

it is the l model. 2.2 ... im kinda ill right now b/c he and i are supposed to meet up tomorrow and trade cash for title. but now he's all like his car isnt ready. he had the add up last week and said we could do it tomorrow. now i get a f'in text saying his honda isnt goin to be ready so i guess i gotta keep looking thanks guys for the help...

WHoa potty mouth. LOL:lol:

Check to see if it's AWD and not FWD unless you don't care about it being FWD, not all Legacys came AWD for 96'.

I'm an L hater. Although am I the only person that wished his GT had manual windows? All my windows roll up and down but they are noisy and sloppy when doing it.:lol:

well im an L lover..well.... liker...

i dont think its gunna work out between us :rolleyes:

Archived