LegacyGT.com

driving with a bad o2 sensor, ok or not?

That is normal for the cruise to flash. It's the most annoying legal way they could think of to keep you from ignoring the CEL. I just replaced mine. You need to know which O2 sensor it is. Mine was the front (uptream). Probably not a good idea to ignore it bc you'll be losing gas mileage (most people it's about 4mi/gal). It sends vital signals to your ECU that help you leggy run efficiently. Up to you, you either buy a new sensor or spend it in gas.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

That is normal for the cruise to flash. It's the most annoying legal way they could think of to keep you from ignoring the CEL. I just replaced mine. You need to know which O2 sensor it is. Mine was the front (uptream). Probably not a good idea to ignore it bc you'll be losing gas mileage (most people it's about 4mi/gal). It sends vital signals to your ECU that help you leggy run efficiently. Up to you, you either buy a new sensor or spend it in gas.

Thanks for the tip, how much did u spend for the sensor?

I drove for a while with a bad rear o2 sensor for a while, I saw no ill effect from doing so. Mileage was the same really, but I don't really recommend it. I got my rear o2 for $95 :)

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

dealer is ~200 for the front and ~120 rear. You can always find them less online. OEM is Denso. Bosch works fine. When you know the code, I can tell you more. P0031 is front. You'll also have to keep an eye on the wire harness to make sure you order the correct one, otherwise it can be a hassel. And never buy from Autopartswarehouse.com, bad news..haha G/L

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

• 4 weeks later...
dealer is ~200 for the front and ~120 rear. You can always find them less online. OEM is Denso. Bosch works fine. When you know the code, I can tell you more. P0031 is front. You'll also have to keep an eye on the wire harness to make sure you order the correct one, otherwise it can be a hassel. And never buy from Autopartswarehouse.com, bad news..haha G/L

the code is p0037, my mechanic says that i have to replace the rear o2 as well as the front.

does he also recomend blinker fluid?

I would look into a vag com cable to verify yourself. plus then you won't have to bring it to a mechanic. Also, are you modded/tuned?

Yea I have a Cobb DP, bola exhaust,an im runnin stage 2

A bad O2 sensor can cause some change to the fuel consumption, and put some extra strain on the cat so it's a good idea to fix. And in most places you won't be able to pass inspection either.

this^^

The computer will do its best to estimate a "value" for that sensor, but it does not do a perfect job. Thus it sends the engine more or less fuel than is needed.

I'd replace the sensor as soon as you can to avoid damaging the cat.

Plus the flashing cruise and check engine lights are annoying. :)

My car ran like crap when the front o2 sensor was causing a code needing to be replaced. If the car is still running fine, I would guess all you need is the rear o2 sensor as your code is a p0037 indicating only that. Your mechanic is either trained to recommend both be replaced....or just trying to get some extra money for unnecessary repairs. But we know they never do that.

make sure when you get your rear 02 sensor part it is a direct fit and not a universal. the universal fit in that bosch makes is like 60$ and may be cheeper to buy but its a hassel to wire up. the direct fit is like 89$ at auto parts warehouse and is a whole lot easer to put in.

Yea I have a Cobb DP, bola exhaust,an im runnin stage 2

if memory serves me right, your supposed to disable that sensor when you go stage 2, with a DP....correct me if I am wrong...my memory seems to be getting worse by the day...:lol:

My car ran like crap when the front o2 sensor was causing a code needing to be replaced. If the car is still running fine, I would guess all you need is the rear o2 sensor as your code is a p0037 indicating only that. Your mechanic is either trained to recommend both be replaced....or just trying to get some extra money for unnecessary repairs. But we know they never do that.

Yea I kinda think I only need 1 but im jus gonna replace both, jus so I don't have to deal with it later

The code is for the rear sensor, not the front. I'd disable this code and see if you throw a code for the front sensor before buying any parts. All codes for the rear should be shut off since you don't have the factory cats.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Don't spend any money on parts! Your car is running as expected. Disable the rear code by running a proper stage 2 tune and be on your way. You're not doing your car any favors by not running the proper tune.

im a little new to this whole thing so if you could tell me how to tune it properly that would be great, i have the ap

If you have a Cobb Access Port, you should be able to select the stage 2 map from Cobb and you're good to go. I'm not too familiar with the AP since I've never used one, but my understanding is that Cobb provides a generic stage 2 map to use. If you want a custom tune, talk to Shamar (Infamous1 on here) of Infamous Performance and Tuning. http://www.infamousperformance.net. They can walk you through everything you need. Also, read the stickies in the tuning forum.

If you have a Cobb Access Port, you should be able to select the stage 2 map from Cobb and you're good to go. I'm not too familiar with the AP since I've never used one, but my understanding is that Cobb provides a generic stage 2 map to use. If you want a custom tune, talk to Shamar (Infamous1 on here) of Infamous Performance and Tuning. http://www.infamousperformance.net. They can walk you through everything you need. Also, read the stickies in the tuning forum.

Yea I have the ap, an its on stage 2, so im guessing im good, jus this damn o2 sensor that keeps tripping the sensor

Archived