LegacyGT.com

Refinished OZ Superleggeras

BigTDogg MA

Figured this was as good a place as any to post my refinished wheels. I purchased a set of 6 OZ Superleggera, 17x7 +48, 5x100, used from a guy on NASIOC. One had a bit of rash, the size of a quarter, another was totaled, cracked. Wasn't sure if it could be repaired, so I got it thrown in for free. They looked good as is, but the clear coat was flaking a bit in some places. So I had the 5 good ones refinished with a two-stage powdercoat. Metallic steel covered by gloss clear. Had the shop tape off the brake/hub interface just in case the surface wasn't perfectly flat after PCing, didn't want any vibration issues.

I got new CF caps from OZ as well:

CenterCap.jpg

And the red decals, again from OZ:

Decal.jpg

Enkei black valve stems:

ValveStem.jpg

And the finished product is amazing:

WheelStack.jpg

This one is in the sunlight:

WheelSun.jpg

They’re wrapped in 225/45R17 91Y Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires, as these are truly 3-season tires, only swapped once snow falls. Very excited to try these things out, especially after suspension upgrades I've got planned this summer. Even with the PC, they still weigh in at only 14.8lbs a piece. With the tires the total is 37.8lbs

So now I have a set of 5 wheels, wrapped and ready. Plan is to do oil changes every 3K, and rotate tires then, working the 5th in. Hopefully that will result in even wear across the set.

Very happy with how these turned out. I'll get pics on the car as soon as I get them put on next week.

Very Nice. I just brought a set of OZ Prodrives back from the dead with some basic powder coat, nothing as fancy as that.

Did you get OEM wheel caps and decals? Did you come across and knock off versions for cheaper? If so any links would help. or information on the size of the small curved decals for the outer edge. I would like to snaz mine up but the OEM caps are pricy. I am considering getting some basic black caps and buying aftermarket cap decals along with curved rim decals.

Nice job.

Very Nice. I just brought a set of OZ Prodrives back from the dead with some basic powder coat, nothing as fancy as that.

Did you get OEM wheel caps and decals? Did you come across and knock off versions for cheaper? If so any links would help. or information on the size of the small curved decals for the outer edge. I would like to snaz mine up but the OEM caps are pricy. I am considering getting some basic black caps and buying aftermarket cap decals along with curved rim decals.

Nice job.

Here's your free fish for the day :)

OZ Center caps and decals

I actually got my center caps from eBay, as it was US shipping and cheaper. They're authentic OZ pieces, M582s for the Superleggeras, the Superleggera IIIs use the larger caps. I'm not sure what size the Prodrives use. Pop your old cap off, and on the back side there will be an M number molded into it. If there's no cap, you can just measure the hole and should get close enough to order.

Top is the M582 center cap number, in carbon. Bottom is the number for the red decals for 17"-19" wheels.

IMAG2567.jpg

Archived