LegacyGT.com

Injector install instructions

Are they Deatschwerks??? If so are you sure you have the right ones?? I thought they did 740cc in side feed and 750cc in top feed.

They came out of a 08 GT and im pretty sure he said they were DW 740's. Either he didnt know what he had or I got them mixed up. But now youre making me have doubts,thanks:confused:. They are baby blue if anyone knows what color they should for the top feed

I'm curious as well. I did the fuel pump install and that went smoothly (except the gasket - had to go back near the finish and realign that puppy). Next up is injectors, and it would be great to get a visual walkthrough before diving in there.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I found this on the Turbo XS website, via NASIOC. The instructions are for a WRX and I'm not sure how they translate to a LGT.

Drivers Side Injectors:

1. Remove "green" protective bracket from the fuel rail assembly by the 5 bolts. This is a "PITA" but be patient and pull it out towards the rear of the car.
  2. Remove 2, 12mm bolts between the injectors securing fuel rail to the heads and 1, 12mm bolt at the front of the fuel rail.
  3. Disconnect electrical connectors from fuel injectors
  4. Pull up on fuel rail and slip out injectors one at a time. Be careful not to damage the fuel injector's rubber gaskets.
  5. Install TXS Fuel Injectors in reverse of task "4."
  6. Put everything back together from "Install the Larger Fuel Injectors" in reverse order.

Passenger Side Injectors:

1. Remove the coolant assembly located next to the intake manifold.
  2. Remove the various bolts securing hoses to the "green" bracket.
  3. Remove "green" protective bracket from the fuel rail assembly by the 4 bolts. This is a "PITA" but be patient.
  4. Remove 2, 12mm bolts between the injectors securing fuel rail to the heads, 1, 12mm bolt at the front of the fuel rail and 2, 12mm bolts at the top of the fuel rail.
  5. Disconnect electrical connectors from fuel injectors
  6. Pull up on fuel rail and slip out injectors one at a time. Be careful not to damage the fuel injector's rubber gaskets.
  7. Install TXS Fuel Injectors in reverse of task "6."
  8. Put everything back together from "Install the Larger Fuel Injectors" in reverse order.

• 2 weeks later...
So I finally got the passenger side done. Took my time over the last week or so. It is a very tight spot, now the hard side tomorrow. Im gonna go cry myself to sleep:icon_cry: and then tackle it in the morning. Again I have been taking photos of this and plan on putting something together for the site, but as of now I think it would be worth paying a competent shop to do this.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1... I got one to change soon, one is going to die ! :(

I was looking at the driver side, I see there's a Torx bolt that hold the injector, can I just remove that to remove the injector or I really need to pull the fuel rail ?

Mine are sidefeed like that : http://www.scoobytuner.com/products/?vApplicationID=40&sfID1=33&productID=1619

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Install instructions from the Haynes manual:

1. Relieve the fuel system pressure

a. remove fuel pump fuse

b. start engine and allow it to run until it stops

2. Remove engine cover

3. Disconnect the negative battery cable

4. If you are going to remove the #1 or #3 cylinder injector, remove the air intake duct and coolant reservoir

5. Disconnect the electrical connector from the injector

6. Remove the retaining screw and pull the injector straight up.

7. Remove and discard the old o-ring

8. Install new o-ring and apply a light coat of engine oil to the o-ring to protect it durring installation

9. Install in reverse order.

• 6 months later...

Bump.

So any chance of swapping Injectors on 07+ cars with topfeeds without having to remove the intake manifold?

Has anyone managed to get this done? Or do we just have to bite the bullet and take the manifold off?

I have done it on my topfeeds with just releasing the fuel rail. Two bolts on top the TGV's. Passenger side is easier than drivers. It sucks, but better than pulling the manifold again. Oh, the bracket covering the injectors is gone on my car too. I never put them back in after they came out the first time.

I have done it on my topfeeds with just releasing the fuel rail. Two bolts on top the TGV's. Passenger side is easier than drivers. It sucks, but better than pulling the manifold again. Oh, the bracket covering the injectors is gone on my car too. I never put them back in after they came out the first time.

same here. No way I was putting that thing back in! I absolutely had to lift my manifold slightly to get the fuel rail out of the way.. I think that is why I had to lift it.

I also had to relocate a ground connection on the driver's side since I did not put that plate back on. Its been a while, I somewhat forget.

Archived