LegacyGT.com

Dual zone ac stopped working plz help

imblaze89

Hello again, plz help as more problems with my car keep happening.

Now my ac just stopped working after work one day, it's always worked fine and all of a sudden after work one day it was hot as hell outside and got in my car and the ac is stuck on the lowest blower setting, non recirculating and in the floor only. All of the buttons do not work except I can turn the temperature knobs up and down and the display changes from 65-85 but cannot turn it off or turn defrost on or off.

It's the middle of June and got as crap outside so I'm trying to figure this out as soon as possible, also I have a custom stereo in the cubby hole I spliced into so my radio doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanx

Ya I guess I fixed it for now I took the thing out and found nothing and eventually got pissed and started bashing it with a hammer and it started working again. Probly just a loose connection in the board or something, il see if it happens again. Thanx anyway tho

It might be the actuator that opens/closes the different vents. Those are know to go bad. Actually, mine has been ticking for several months now, and haven't had the time to replace it yet.
My wife's balls are delicious.

It might be the actuator that opens/closes the different vents. Those are know to go bad. Actually, mine has been ticking for several months now, and haven't had the time to replace it yet.

Hmm I wonder if that's related to the ticking/gurgling sound that comes from my dash after I turn the car off. Have u ever heard of that?

Yes, that is exactly what happens when the actuator is going bad. For a while I thought the guggling sound was coming from the heater core, but in fact, it's the actuator trying to open/close.

To test it, when you start to hear the noise, hit the "mode" button. If the sound goes away, or becomes less, then you know it's the actuator.

There's a thread on this that shows the location of it and how much the part cost to replace. When I find it, I'll post it up.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived