LegacyGT.com

Toggle switch mounting

coSTIgan-GT

I need to mount 3 toggle switches that are easy to reach. I have gauges in the cubby, so thats a no-go. I don't want to just stick them anywhere or cut up my dash. The only things I can think of are mounting them overhead near the map lights, in place of the ashtray/cig lighter, or moving the info display to the ashtray and mounting the switches below the cubby. Does anyone have any other ideas? Pics? I am using the "aircraft style" switches. Thanks

Those "covered aircraft-style" switches are pretty big....I think you'll need to obtain replacement panels for your car, if you are intent on reverting the interior as-stock, later.

I've got a couple of ancillary switches off to the left of the steering column, near the factory mirror/dimmer/wiper-de-icer panel, and I obtained a replacement panel (driver's side dash trim), just in case I ever wanted to go back to un-modified stage, for the interior.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u259/TSi_WRX/WinkyInsideDaycenterconsoleUNLIT2.jpg

Sorry for the dirty console, as well as the blurry picture - the pic was meant as a quickie for my speed-detection countermeasures friends, not all of whom are fellow "car guys." :redface: However, I think this may give you an idea of what the ashtray conversion would look like.

That's just a slightly modified small RadioShack "project enclosure," serving as the surface blank, into which I mounted the switchgear.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...

I've come up with a few. I'm hiding 4 switches in the top of inside of the left knee fuse door, hanging down.

I have one installed at my right knee on the side plastic (my blackout aux displays switch).

I thought about putting 3 in the plastic behind the map lights, hanging down. That would be sweet and no one would really notice, and it would be like flying a plane :lol:

I recommend putting your in the ash tray area where TSI+WRX has his laser module.

Or you can hide them under the shifter boot leather, making the rocker style. A guy on NASIOC did this, and it is a win. If none of those work...

What are these switches for?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived