LegacyGT.com

NJ Car Inspection

Mods no sure where to post this so feel free to move :)

So I take my 07 for inspection today. In NJ, the only thing they really test for these days is the check engine light and the emissions. My car is stage 2+ with a full Perrin 3" Turboback (HF catted DP). I pull my car in, get the usual give me your DL, Insurance, etc.... Ok, get out of the car and walk down to the end. No sooner do I walk down to the end do I see the hood go up and Ying Yang starts staring at the engine bay with his flashlight. 5 Minutes go by, the guy is using the mirror under the car, scratching his head. Slowly, 1 by 1 there are now 4 guys leaning over the car. I can't really here but the only thing I can think of is they're looking for catalytic converter on the DP. So I walk back down and ask them "Are you looking for the catalytic converter?". Ying Yang 1,2 & 3 say there isn't one so we have to fail your car. Ying Yang 4 says" my STI that I had didn't look like this". So I ask YY4 if I could borrow his flashlight, lean over the engine bay and show YY4 where it is. I hand him back the flashlight and start walking back to the end. He promptly tells YY 1,2 & 3 "see I told you it had one". Hood closed, inspection passed.

Anyway for anyone getting inspected in NJ you can pass leaving your Stage 2 setup assuming you still have a cat on the DP, just be prepared for the "you don't have a cat bs".

• 1 year later...
I passed with a gutted stock downpipe. I guess they didn't pop my hood because they had the mirror to view underneath the car to view the cats. No codes with the AccessPort.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Archived