LegacyGT.com

Plastidip any one?

A friend from back in high school recently did his 2011 VW gli in dip bright orange. Looked good for what it was. Not sure how it'll look on leggy's but as far as the product goes I've heard nothing but good.

My thoughts are always, your car your choice.

Hey I dont no about dipping an entire car but i have "smoked" out my tail lights and done alot of trim on my legacy it looks great. also did a set of old school bbs's vintage gold. Dipping is lots of fun just make sure you study the videos for technics cause its not like spray paint at all. A few tips Make sure its at least 15 degrees out (convert it to ur imperial system ur self) and keep the cans of dip as warm as possible (assuming ur using spray cans) i use a bucket of warm water.

And like IrishLt said if you dont like it just peel it off :)

i did the rockers with liberal coats etc. and they're peeling off. im just going to paint those. started when pressurewashing

but. my front bumper is holding up like a champ.

ill be doing the whole car soon enough

look into the clear (clear matte, pearl, gloss) coats of dip to further protect and finish

Just make sure if you plasti dip anything and want it to be "easy" to take it off make sure you use numerous coats of plasti dip or it is very time consuming to get off. So the more coats the better or youll be sitting there for hours trying to get the shit off your stuff.. i know from experience. Im super over it.

http://youtu.be/IuYgh2XaJVM. I'm thinking of i:lol: neon green rims

Please don't, you will look like a 17 year old with a honda fetish

Sorry...plasti-dip is alright if you want to refinish lets say a lip or door bumpers, or even mirrors or wheels, I'm thinking you might be more aggravated with the outcome and may e more aggravated when the time comes to remove it. There is no way to get that stuff everywhere unless you prep the car like you would getting a professional respray or new paint job. Paint and body experience tells me that thin edges such as the hemmed edges of doors and door shell will peel over short time unless you spray doorjambs along with it..water channels, under the hood, under the fender liners..etc..will peel and remove itself much like an earl scheib, maaco paint job.

Just make sure if you plasti dip anything and want it to be "easy" to take it off make sure you use numerous coats of plasti dip or it is very time consuming to get off. So the more coats the better or youll be sitting there for hours trying to get the shit off your stuff.. i know from experience. Im super over it.

Fyi ... Goo Gone dissolves plastidip. Peel it everywhere you can then spray what's left w/Goo Gone and rinse away. Voila. Enjoy.

Its your car bub, I'm just an opinionated prick :) j/k. I think these cars look better with classy mods and looks. They aren't race cars until you choose to make them look and run like one. My old 93 honda was matte jet black and I had gloss safety yellow ce28n's made for an s2000. It was a race car though so I get it I just think a dd legacy deserves to look classy and clean.

a buddy at school has bright green rims on his blue 2008 wrx hatch.. it looks pretty good.. but he used a can a wheel and in Canada the stuff is 25$ a can... what do you guys pay for it in the states? as im planning a road trip down there and its on the bucket list. I don't think I would do the whole car though even though my silver is pretty yuck

My other friend just painted his 1100$ 240sx flat green with rustoleum rattle can for cheap and it also looks good he only sanded off the clear coat pretty much so will see how long it lasts..

Fyi ... Goo Gone dissolves plastidip. Peel it everywhere you can then spray what's left w/Goo Gone and rinse away. Voila. Enjoy.

I tryed the goo gone when i was taking it off and it works but still didn't work very well for me. :mad: So im over it haha. As for the lime green wheels i say no.. but to each their own. Only matters what you think about your ride.

Only tried it with a wheel and used a pressure washer afterwards to rinse. I assume a scrub brush would have similar results and I admit it took some time and attention, but it still beat the hell out of picking at it and trying to roll it off with a finger.

Honestly, it's not something that I would put on par with any kind of professional paint job, but I like the removable aspect of it such that you can run something crazy for a while for fun and then remove it when you get tired of it. I've done a couple bling things in the engine bay with it. Thinking about going with white wheels this winter on the winters on stockers. Need to get off my butt and get it done.

Archived