LegacyGT.com

Help with my rims

munje22

I bought xxr 522s for my 2005 legacy gt they are 18x9.5 and apparently the worker at tallmans tires said that the rims are too wide and are touching my struts. Has this been a problem with everyone? I've seen people running 10.5s with no problems. Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks

I bought xxr 522s for my 2005 legacy gt they are 18x9.5 and apparently the worker at tallmans tires said that the rims are too wide and are touching my struts. Has this been a problem with everyone? I've seen people running 10.5s with no problems. Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks

You should sell those wheels and get a width that works for your car.

offset is 38+ and on forums people told me it would fit. Also I seen someone with the same setup except his fit. Also would spacers help?

if you're on stock suspension then that might be the issue. wider fitment/lower offset wheels tend to hit the clunky stock suspension/bottom spring perch. that's what coilovers are for :redface:

but yes, spacers should do the trick but be sure to roll your fenders to prevent rubbing on that side.

Alright thanks for the info il prolly just go with about 20mm spacers and I might roll my fenders but I doubt it will rub since its stock suspension and if it does il still roll em and then il be set when I buy my coilovers. After that i just take the spacers off and il be set But yeah guys thanks a lot guys!

Another thing I was wondering was if this setup would look ugly because its too wide

ok well first off, xxr 522's are atrocious in general since the wider 522's spokes poke too far out of the barrel and look like spider crab wheels :lol:

but other than that, lets do the math. +20mm spacers on 18x9.5 +38 wheels. you're already going to poke like crazy with the wheels alone since you're on stock suspension now adding +20 mm spacers? mexi-flush city. run a bare minimum spacer to have them barely clear your stock struts (+3 - +5mm spacers?). to have them remotely look decent, you're going to need to (lack for a better word) "stance" your car aka go moar low/camber/slightly stretched tires. without proper suspension to make these wheels 'work' you're going to end up looking like this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/MiLLNuY/DSCN0291-1.jpg

my $0.02 = sell the 522's and get suspension theeen get your wheels

There are a ton of threads on Nasioc regarding - putting wheels on your car that are are too wide. They include answers to issues such as this:

1) My wheels are rubbing my struts, what do I do ?

2) My tires are being chewed up by my fenders, what do I do?

3) My wheels don't look wide enough, what do I do ?

4) My wheels look too wide, what do I do ?

5) My friends have wider wheels, what do I do ?

Hey everyone i need wheel help too! I did a little research but just want to verify what I found out. I'm looking to buy a set of 17x8 rpf1's for my 05 lgt. It's on coils no camber kits or arms ect. Right now debating between 35 offset and 45 offset. I come from the land of 240sx owners so I really badly want to go with a 35 offset just because lower the better. Unfortunately I'm planning on running a 245/40 sumitomo tire. Last thing I wanna do it roll the fenders and chip my paint.( I have beater 240's for that) should I be safe and just go for the 45 offset and 245's or does that have some complications I don't know about? Lol or will the 35's fit no problem? Thanks for all the help

Andrew

Archived