LegacyGT.com

Cubby/Cubby door removal

Hi....I have searched and found lots of threads about what guys have done after they get the Cubby out of the dash....Radios....GPS....Gauges etc. I just cannot find anyone actually describing how to get the door off or get the cubby out of the dash...any specific tricks or tools required?? Obviously I do not want to damage anything and everything I have tried had to be stopped because I felt I was just about to break something.

Any advice or pictures would be appreciated;)

It just pulls out of the dash. There are four (i believe) tabs that lock it in, and two plug ins that will hold it part way in, but to get the main portion loose i usually just take a screw driver with the tip wrapped in tape and get it between the cubby and the dash. Then just gently pry until part is loose, then give it a good tug. Getting it back in takes more finesse since you have to line up the vent tubes before you pop it in place.

With the cubby door halfway closed, give it a firm tug with both hands and the entire assembly should pop loose. The construction of the cubby is somewhat flimsy, but the door is solid. I've removed it several times without any damage.

• 12 years later...