LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• I Donated
This sounds like a warranty issue - and i will work with you to resolve this - do you know what version you are running?

I have a 1.04 beta unit.

Love the great service! I'm sure some vendors on here would tell me to go pound sand. :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Nobody ever makes cool things like these for third gens

Sorry your vent is not compatible :(

ETA on new stock for 4th gen LGT?

1 in now - more to come...Dealing with some supplier issues but they should keep trickling into stock.

software updates coming soon????

Working on this as well. May need beta testers for the OBD plug-in when ready.

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

• I Donated
lossol -- any news on a potential warranty replacement for my gauge? I'd say the buttons work maybe 25% of the time I try to use them now. Once again, I have 1.04, although I'd be willing to pay a bit to get upgraded to 1.05.

hey lossol, My gauge that I bought this february just stopped working.

It was working last night and earlier today, but I went to turn the car on again tonight and it would just faintly illuminate some of the leds, the displays stay dark, and the unit makes a faint clicking sound over and over.

I pulled my dash apart to make sure the ribbon wasn't loose, but couldn't find any issue.

Voltage to the gauge seems fine as well.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

hey lossol, My gauge that I bought this february just stopped working.

Shoot - So sorry to hear this - sounds like the gauge is starved for voltage. Do the Leds make a full sweep at all? (like a dimly lit sweep?) Check your power connections. If this doesn't work... you may need to send it back and I will replace it for you. Let me know how you make out.

Shoot - So sorry to hear this - sounds like the gauge is starved for voltage. Do the Leds make a full sweep at all? (like a dimly lit sweep?) Check your power connections. If this doesn't work... you may need to send it back and I will replace it for you. Let me know how you make out.

Disconnected the vbg1 for a while and drove around to make sure the battery voltage was up.

Tested 12.4v at the harness connector for the sending unit after getting back and sitting a while.

Turned the unit on, and again, various LEDs flash on briefly, and then nothing.

Please PM me with replacement shipping instructions.

Also, I'd like to buy two more at the same time since a couple of friends are (one GD impreza model, and if possible, a rectangular bezel one for a project car... maybe the mk5 golf model???)

Looking forward to the PM:cool:

Sucks to be without my favorite mod!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news! VBG1 will be back in stock soon. Slightly different hardware build was forced due to the production cut-off of the existing oled type. The new one looks very similar with a less of a gloss finish on the OLED itself, more of a matte Finnish. Very subtle differences, the new hardware performs identically to the existing hardware in both fit and function.

software updates coming soon????

The new hw changes force the software to be bumped to 1.05b8 rev. It will be soon available on the website and will work with all 1.05bX gauges. I few improvements and modifications have been made, these will be outlined when finalized.

VBG1 should be back in stock next week. Happy Thanksgiving all.

Didn't read through all 80 pages, sorry but how does it do with the heat on in the winter time? Great looking product and will probably get one in the future.

:lol:

It works fine through Chicago winters, I think you'll be ok ;)