LegacyGT.com

Pittsburgh Raceway Park - Test n Tune Night - 6/27/07

hybridandy

Hello everybody. I am going to take my Subaru up to the Test n Tune night at Pittsburgh Raceway Park (used to be called Keystone) on Wednesday June 27th. I don't know how many people are around the Pittsburgh area but if I wanted to see if anyone else was interested in heading up.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/index.php

It's a full 1/4 track and gates open at 5:30 and I think the cars starting run at 6:00-6:30. I haven't been up there yet this year but I know in the past, you could usually get 4-5 runs in one night. I think it's around $20-$30 for 1 car with 2 people to get in to race. Maybe $5 a head for spectators. The tech check just makes sure your battery is strapped down, your not leaking any fluids and all your lug nuts are on.

I'll probably get there around 6:30-7:00 after work and I think there are two Honda's I'm going to meet there (a Type-R motor'd Del Sol and LS swapped EK hatch) but they always have a pretty good mix of cars. Weather.com says thunderstorms in the PM on the 27th but they're usually wrong about the weather that day, so I don't put much faith in their ability to guess 7 days from now.

Let me know if your interested.

Thanks Alan. It's a been a couple of years since I've taken a car up there. I'll probably be heading home after work then going up so I'll be there around 7 or so.

Weatherman is still calling for rain but hopefully their wrong.

If it rains, they usually move it back a day, however, if their is an event, they will cancel it.

Ill probably stop up if Im not busy.

Im not familiar with any cars on here, so what do you expect 1/4 mile?

Hopefully it won't. 40% chance according to weather.com but 80% tomorrow. Why does it always seem to rain when I want to take my car to the drag strip?

What car will you be bringing? I'll have my '06 Spec B, bone stock, silver, looks like a camry.

I've seen quoted magazine times and such range from 13.7-14.5 stock for the car. It's a hot day (excuses already) and this will be my first time trying to seriously launch an awd car so I'm probably expecting around a mid 14's or so. I've only really raced an S13 with an SR20 swap (minor bolt on's) and had me by a fender after the launch (I bogged bad) and we pretty much stayed even. We'll see, hopefully the weather holds and I'll do alright.

I have a pearl White 1997 Audi A4.

I MAY be racing if my boost problem is fixed, but I have to see if i can make it up there.

A friend with an Audi and my friends dad who has a Burgundy C5 Vette is running.

I can take soem video's/pics of your car on the track if you want, Ill probably have my camera.

If im running, Ill have it. This is sort of what it looks like. I have some updated parts on it now.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7766/20070405alan00020006tg3.jpg

Looks like my friend with the Del Sol screwed something up with his car and with the apocalypse happening outside right now, I'm not going up. I'll probably try to make it up next weekend.

Nice car by the way. I have a friend around here who used to have a orange/bronze colored one. I don't know if the color was stock (they bought it used that way) but it was a nice car.

Archived