LegacyGT.com

**official random thoughts thread**

s2baru

I wish these missionaries would just stop going to disease stricken countries and chance bringing back diseases.

We are not ready for a major epidemic.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish these missionaries would just stop going to disease stricken countries and chance bringing back diseases.

We are not ready for a major epidemic.

For really doe. You want go to an ebola ridden jungle? Fine. Stay there

Yuck.

It's 89F here but it "feels like" 96F. For you I'm guessing that while it is 100F, it "feels like" death:eek:

It's about 85 here and it feels like at least 100. the humidity in this state is brutal. if it ever actually got above 90 degree's people would be wandering the streets searching for anywhere with AC

And everyone gives us Californian's shit for our shitty state of affairs over here. The weather is beautiful... last night's low...60...todays high...92....humidity 49%. If you want to be 10 degrees cooler, drive 10 miles west, 10 degrees hotter, drive 10 miles east. :rolleyes:

^definitely cannot compete with CA in terms of weather. I've got family in SoCal and it's great visiting them during the summer. ripstik I dunno how VT is with the humidity, but you can literally drink there air down here during the hot months on days that end in "y" lol

well i just took some eggs out of the fridge and when i went to put them back they had made so much condensation that the carton was so saggy i had to use 2 hands

I realized today on my way to work that I actually look forward to any opportunity I have to drive this car. I'm fortunate enough that I do enjoy my job (for the most part) so going to work isn't a total burden for me, but I really look forward to my 20 minutes in the morning and again at night with my car. I've found myself listening to the radio less and less and instead just dropping the windows and enjoying the sound of snail eating corn (if this doesn't make sense, just mull on it for a few moments).

Previously I had a Mazdaspeed6 and while that was a fun car, I never enjoyed it like I enjoy my Subie. Must be what makes a Subaru a Subaru....

People who believe there is something wrong with my brakes and are hell-bent on having me fix them...in order of annoyance:

Wife (in car)

Subaru service advisor (outside car)

mother (inside her house as I pulled up)

19 year old daughter (in car)

X-wife (inside her house as I dropped off my daughter)

Random guy at work I don't know (inside his car)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

People who believe there is something wrong with my brakes and are hell-bent on having me fix them...in order of annoyance:

Wife (in car)

I'm assuming it's the SLAP (squeal like a pig) syndrome? Your build list says you got Hawk street pads -- which ones? HPS or these new-fangled High Performance Street 5.0 pads?

Wife (in car)

mine are feeling a bit bent too. when i press on them just right coming from high speed there is a fluctuation.

I'm assuming it's the SLAP (squeal like a pig) syndrome? Your build list says you got Hawk street pads -- which ones? HPS or these new-fangled High Performance Street 5.0 pads?

We have confirmed that you can read, but we have not confirmed that I am detail oriented :lol:

I have my track pads on since last track day and too lazy to R/R before next track day...XP10/XP8 F/R

I'm running XP12 on my fronts and they are not bad at all.

I think you're doing it wrong Fred. My wife never mentions the brake squeal at all. She knows why they are there and judging by the fact that she was wanting out of the car 4 turns into her first lap, I think she knows better than to bust my chops over it. Becuz racecar!!! Just take your wife along for a few laps.

You mean her screams were louder than the brake squeal? :lol:

XP12...hmm not sure if it is made for my size rotor. Great pads other than the noise and the powdercoating on my wheels.

Build list updated.

My HP+s squeal like crazy too... only at low speeds though, when everyone around can hear! :lol: Swapping back to my HPSs this weekend.

Is there any special work involved with swapping rear pads? I know fronts are straightforward, but is there a problem/extra work needed with the rears because of e-brake or anything?