LegacyGT.com

Subaru Cult

To the guy that honked and waved in the silver STI today, thank you for making my girlfriend think I'm in some kind of Subaru cult. :lol:

I'm making a yielding right turn at a stop light and I spot said car in the line across the street.

Silver STI: *Honks and waves enthusiastically*

Me: *Waves in the midst of down shifting and turning (so kind of comical)*

Girlfriend: "Do you know that guy?"

Me: "Nope. Just another Subaru owner."

Girlfriend: ... "Who was that really?"

Me: "I don't know. Never met him."

Girlfriend: "Are you lying to me? Why are you acting strange?"

Me: "It's a Subaru thing. We wave. You don't wave to your fellow Focus drivers?"

Girlfriend: "Are you in some kind of cult?"

:lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 years ago or so, I was visiting my sister two states away. She had a new Jeep and wanted to show it off to me so she insisted that I drive it. Whatever. Before we went out I got a long explanation on exactly how Jeep drivers wave to other Jeeps. 10 minutes later, we spotted our first Jeep. She reminded me how to wave and watched tensely. I honked, waved and flashed the lights. Man, was she pissed! A friend of mine from school lived in the area and had a Jeep. I recognized her, but do you think my sister believed me?

It seems there is another '06 GRP Legacy GT that has moved into my town. We've passed each other about 4 times now driving our kiddos to school in the morning and wave at each other.

My son asked who was that? I responded I don't know but he has a awesome car.

There is also a woman in town that drives a Blue WRX STi, she's waved to me a couple of times too.

Yep, it's like we have a little secret.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Totally in on this and yeah, my gf thinks I am a little crazy too.

We only have a few Leggys in our town and only 3 GTs (mine, jerami1981s, and some doctor that ignores us both). However, every single STI that I wave at in my wagon gives an enthusiastic thumbs up, wave or something. :icon_mrgr

i actually parked next to another swp lgt sedan in my town. well 1 spot away but no car in between. so as i started my car i see the owner just walked from behind my car on the way to her's. not even a look, like hey thats kinda funny same car :)

i've only seen the car during add day hours so i'm convinced its hers and not her husbands or whatever. i thought maybe she was oblivious, but i mean that was impossible and to even buy a LGT you have to have some familiarity with the car. we are a small bunch.

we pulled out at the same time and i drove off feeling good becuase I have a MT and she has the auto. oHH nOOOooeeeeeSSSSSS!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

:lol::lol:

Have several WRX's that I see quite often & they always honk & wave:)

My kids are even calling it out now....look daddy theres a Subaru!!

The wifeys response......"you've got to be kidding me....."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Yup not a cult, more like a club.:) I got the wave and flash from a GRP LGT at an opposing stop light this weekend. I flashed back and my GF said "who's that?" I said, "Another LGT of course!:cool: " Then she called me a dork!:(:lol: :lol: Well, at least I'm a happy dork!!
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived