LegacyGT.com

OCD Car washing/detailing

Yup! I love washing my car. It relaxes me. When I'm doing a full 8hr detail my neighbors think I'm nuts. I tell them it's thereputic, very Zen for me and it let's me think about life and contemplating how to better improve myself.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I'm a big fan of OCD detailing. I prefer CDO Detailing so the letters are at least in the right order, but you get the idea. ;) In fact, the main reason I sold my Legacy was because it was absorbing too much of my time keeping it looking pretty. I had to start focusing on some other things and had to eliminate the primary distraction.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hi my name is max_bobby, and I have OCD cleaning when it comes to my Leggy. All jokes aside, it is very Zen like. I spend close to 5 or 6 hours cleaning. I am in the process of buying a whole bunch of cleaning products, and accessories. Thank you for the free group therapy. Glad to know I am not alone.

I need a cleaning OCD person to live near me. I'll trade beer for detailing help anytime.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I used to detail new and used cars for a living (summer job between HS and life) and there is something very relaxing about buffing everything to perfection, cleaning the last nook and cranny of any dirt and debris anywhere on the car, bringing the nap back to the carpets and the glow back to the interior.

Love the entire process, but sadly, not enough time and energy to do it myself now so pay someone else to and it grates on me that I'm not doing it. That and they always miss something that I would never have missed...further adding to my frustration.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

It may break into the 50s this week here. Not warm enough for much more than a quick detail, but that's what they are going to get! This is why God invented things like spray waxes and spray sealants. Too cold to spend much time out there waxing the car, but just right for a quick once over with a spritz that will add some serious shine. Souveran Spray Wax and Wolfgang Spritz Sealant for the win if you are in the market. Eagle One actually has a pretty good one too. Look for Nano Wax at your local AutoZone and give that a shot. Awesome stuff when it is time for that refresher coat of protection and shine.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm looking forward to giving that a shot. I'm not much of a soap connoisseur, but I do love my spray waxes and quick detailers. I've got some good ones to pit this one against, so we'll see how it works out. I've always loved the XMT line for machine polishing, but I haven't used much else other than those.

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 1 month later...
Or waterless car wash. Since we're nearly into December, our homw association said to put our hoses away. So no more home washes until Spring..... Meh.

that's all i use 24/7 is waterless...great product..keeps car extremely clean and obviously, helps the environment ...i could go on and on..lol

Archived