LegacyGT.com

First steps with Tactrix OP2?

JDM SpecB

IMO this is what I always do:

First step = save a copy of your stock ROM in at least 2 places just in case.

Second step = datalog a 3rd gear pull after checking IAM to see if it's at 1.000

Third step = Pull a learning view using the LV tool from http://www.romraider.com to check fuel trims and any stored knock events causing timing to be pulled.

If everything is good, (fuel trims +/- 5%, no stored knock in the LV, and IAM 1.000) I will start tuning and turning the wick up on the boost. I usually only go in 1 psi increments just in case I start to run into knock. Slow and steady is always the best approach to tuning. I usually flatten the knock correction advance table to 6 or 7 (while taking the corresponding amount of timing out of the base timing table) to make knock detection and tuning easier.

I also check to make sure target boost is being achieved. On almost every subaru I've tuned from stock, it was not hitting peak target boost in stock form. If not I make sure to adjust wgdc tables to hit stock boost targets and then turn up the wick from there. The stock tables usually have a slow ramp up to peak boost at about 3500-3800 rpm. I always aim for peak boost ASAP for the car to make the most power.

-Steve

Archived