LegacyGT.com

05 LGT....looking to install aftermarket up pipe with stage 1 93 octane AP

croll326

i'm not sure how tight your emissions laws are..

i think the stage 2 map might have the CEL removed. but you'd need a catback to go with the uppipe install.

and according to the cobb notes - it doesn't recommend anything but the stock ail filter. not sure how much the panel filter is going to do to the tuning.

i had a panel filter in the car before and the dealership thought it might have been a good idea that i changed it out

i'm not sure how tight your emissions laws are..

i think the stage 2 map might have the CEL removed. but you'd need a catback to go with the uppipe install.

and according to the cobb notes - it doesn't recommend anything but the stock ail filter. not sure how much the panel filter is going to do to the tuning.

i had a panel filter in the car before and the dealership thought it might have been a good idea that i changed it out

:confused:. Need a downpipe for stage 2. CBE is optional

Description: Stage2 91 ATv118 – Intended for an otherwise stock 2005

Subaru Legacy GT AT vehicle with a STOCK INTAKE SYSTEM, STOCK INTAKE

FILTER, and a turbo-back exhaust system with a high-flow catalytic

converter running 91 or 92 octane petrol. Boost Targets: ~16.5psi

peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13psi by the 6700 RPM

redline, +/ 0.8psi.

i should have wrote turboback.

I talked to a rep from Fred Beans Subaru and was told that I dont need a tune for the new up pipe and AVO flat panel filter.....what are the chances that person didnt know what they were talking about?

You don't NEED a tune but to really experience any gains a tune is definitely recommended.

As for the CEL's if you don't run the stage 2 map you'll need to do the resistor mod on the UP's EGT sensor. Unless the UP you are installing has a bung and you can continue to use it.

The resistor fix is super easy and inexpensive though. I don't recall the exact specs on the resistor you need but you can get them at Radioshack.

Edit: Just did a quick search, it's a 2.2 Kohm .5 watt resistor that you need. You simply unplug the EGT probe (somewhere along the wire there's a plug), bend the resistor into a "U" shape and stick it into the car side of the plug, wrap it with electrical tape and zip tie it somewhere so it's not dangling loose.

Cheers!

I talked to a COBB rep yesterday and he said I didn't need a tune either. I will not have a DP so I cant run a stage 2 map right?

The rep from COBB said I wont have any trouble with an UP and a panel filter because they don't change the air flow characteristics enough.

You'll be fine. The AP takes care of the CELs. You can GUT the stock DP and remove the cat-guts(ceramic I believe) if you want to go the cheap route of stage II. It's easier to do this at the same time IMO b/c you'll be taking everything apart in that area to do the UP install. As far as a pro-tune, you DON'T need one, PERIOD. The AVO panel filter won't cause any problems with the AP stage I/II maps. They're fairly "tame" off the shelf type maps anyway. Iv'e done all of this as have many others on this forum. Read up on the "Performance Mods-Walk Throughs" sections and get a friend to help and maybe a 12 pack of brewskis(for after of course);). Turbo-back or catback exhaust is nice, but by no means is it necessary AT ALL. Hope that helps, good luck.

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I am thinking a PDX tune might be in my future......apparently they will make a tune for the AVO flat panel and the specific up pipe? Has anyone used them before?

I cant send my ECU anywhere as my car is my DD.

I am thinking a PDX tune might be in my future......apparently they will make a tune for the AVO flat panel and the specific up pipe? Has anyone used them before?

I cant send my ECU anywhere as my car is my DD.

IMO, send a PM to Infamous1. He can tune AP v.2 or Opensource, lots of people on here have been tuned by him with great results.

I have been at stage 1 with a Parrin Panel filter since Dec 04, no issuses.

I use Mike at TuningAlliance for my tune's TuningAlliance@gmail.com he's in W. Springfield MA

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived