LegacyGT.com

please help with sway bar decision - I know

ohiotrojan

you long timers will say, "just search", but working with different parameters. Here is the deal, I have always liked the Cobb based on reviews, but as you know they don't sell mfr them anymore, but a couple of sites still have them. Secondly, like the Perrins, but they are out of rear end links, and don't really want to add new sways without ends. So question is:

Do you take a chance on the Cobb's, knowing that they are not mfrd any longer, or take a chance on the Perrin's without upgrading end links. (i know there are other end links, but like to keep it in the family).

Thanks guys, need to do something soon, so tired of the wallowing around corners in the 08 spec b.....

AVO Adj RSB, AVO RSB brackets, and AVO rear sway links.

<<<< LOVES THEM!!!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Guest adam07specB
I have the Perrin front and rear with the end links, and love them... I would recommend getting them and just ordering the end links from someone else. I have been really happy with this set and the spec.B likes it too

you long timers will say, "just search", but working with different parameters. Here is the deal, I have always liked the Cobb based on reviews, but as you know they don't sell mfr them anymore, but a couple of sites still have them. Secondly, like the Perrins, but they are out of rear end links, and don't really want to add new sways without ends. So question is:

Do you take a chance on the Cobb's, knowing that they are not mfrd any longer, or take a chance on the Perrin's without upgrading end links. (i know there are other end links, but like to keep it in the family).

Thanks guys, need to do something soon, so tired of the wallowing around corners in the 08 spec b.....

Cobb, period. 4 years. get what you pay for

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Cobb, period. 4 years. get what you pay for

Cobb has been discontinued for months already...

I purchased Cusco still waiting on delivery

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I have Perrin F&R with stock endlinks for now. Just installed and love em.

Where are you ordering from ??

Try Fred Beans ... great prices and lots of stuff in stock can't verify if endlinks in

stock I know they had them a few weeks ago when I ordered my sways.

Compare there prices better than anywhere I found PM Jeremy or call and talk to Ryan

or Jeremy make sure you let em know you are from the LGT forum

I have the cobb bars with perrin end links. No problems with mismatching manufacturers. My only complaint is the cheap bushings that come with the cobb bars. Replaced them with whiteline bushings after 6 months.

Yeah, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring of no front sway change for me. Just the front links.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I don't know why but I never see people mention the Zero / Sports sway bars. I've been running a set on my car (w/ no endlinks) for about 2 years now and they're awesome. They seem to be relative in price to some of the other offerings and even come in a nifty green color! :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/3142315136_c48b804b5c.jpg

Anyway might as well check those out with the others. I guess the point here is you have a few options besides the ones you mentioned.

I don't know why but I never see people mention the Zero / Sports sway bars. I've been running a set on my car (w/ no endlinks) for about 2 years now and they're awesome. They seem to be relative in price to some of the other offerings and even come in a nifty green color! :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/3142315136_c48b804b5c.jpg

Anyway might as well check those out with the others. I guess the point here is you have a few options besides the ones you mentioned.

green my favorite color. I think you are the only person i know with zero sports sways.

Just installed a perrin 25mm RSB and love it. I was going to do the front eventually, but with the change that this made, I don't know if I'll even need to! Excellent turn-in with a slight hint of very controllable oversteer.

• 1 month later...

I want to do Sway Bars on my '05 GT Wagon. I would have liked to get the Cobb sway bars but with them being out of production :( I wonder how many sites actually still have the correct bars for an '05 Legacy GT in stock.

Since Cobb never seemed to publish thickness data, just stiffness, it is hard to select from other manufacturers. I'm not sure what size I should be getting front & rear :confused: if I have to buy Cusco, Perrin, Whiteline, Zero, etc., instead of Cobb. My suspension is currently stock and sway bars are the only change I am contemplating since this is my daily driver and will not be seeing any trackdays or autocrosses.

What would you do in my situation?

Get the whitelines or any other sway bar that makes you feel all warm inside. I have never read a negative on any of the aftermarket LGT sway bars. I have the whitelines f&r on my wagon for the last 3+ years with Perrin end links and no problems at all. Had the same setup on my froestor and WRX with zero issues. Is one bar better than another for a daily driver, doubtful.

Archived