LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

theme song !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oI-H9jrh3s&feature=related]YouTube - ‪buckaroo‬‏[/ame]

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are other ways around lag :lol:

antilag :lol:

or n2o, which I have thought a lot about! n2o + in cabin on-off switch + rpm window switch (2000-3500rpm) + pressure off switch for when target boost is achieved. Would also need a turbo with anti-surge compressor housing. Would shore up boost threshold!

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Had to log in and comment: This is a pretty cool build. The only other one I've seen to rival it is the drifter who installed a Series1 L67 in his 240SX.

One quick correction, though: The Series2 N/A (L36) makes 205hp/230hp. The S2 L67 with the supercharger makes 240hp/280ft-lbs. The thing that makes these engines great, though, isn't the peak numbers. It's the fact that the torque peaks low, and the curve is as flat as Nebraska.

My 98 Park Avenue Ultra, which weighs in at a bit over 3900lbs, runs the 1/4 in 13.8. It's a lot heavier than the Regal or Gran Prix, of course, and the suspension is horrible for drag racing... I also went way too high with my torque converter and lost a bunch of the peak torque. Even so, with a cam, rockers, headers, and a mild pulley on a later-gen supercharger, it still makes 268whp, and over 340wft/lbs. If I put an intercooler plate in it, I'd pretty easily gain another 20hp and 30ft/lbs even before I pulley down. Keep in mind, this is with un-touched heads. The Series2 heads are horribly rough inside, and some simple porting will yield big results.

That guy and his shock-based style of building cars that lacks direction and a fundamental concept of how cars even work as a system... definitely has no relation to anything in this thread. Sure they're both swapping engines into a Legacy, but look past that and I'm sure I couldn't find two more drastically different approaches to modifying cars.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Had to log in and comment: This is a pretty cool build. The only other one I've seen to rival it is the drifter who installed a Series1 L67 in his 240SX.

One quick correction, though: The Series2 N/A (L36) makes 205hp/230hp. The S2 L67 with the supercharger makes 240hp/280ft-lbs. The thing that makes these engines great, though, isn't the peak numbers. It's the fact that the torque peaks low, and the curve is as flat as Nebraska.

uh .. whats the correction ?

That guy and his shock-based style of building cars that lacks direction and a fundamental concept of how cars even work as a system... definitely has no relation to anything in this thread. Sure they're both swapping engines into a Legacy, but look past that and I'm sure I couldn't find two more drastically different approaches to modifying cars.

I think Rugger is talking about the SAAB-Viper.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I think Rugger is talking about the SAAB-Viper.

Nope - he's talking about this Legacy:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/robsontuning/2010%20build/P1000213.jpg

A completely messed up mod project that has gone way out of sense. No longer AWD but RWD and engine swapped several times etc.

453747.png

Nope - he's talking about this Legacy:

A completely messed up mod project that has gone way out of sense. No longer AWD but RWD and engine swapped several times etc.

Yeah, it's kinda crazy, but.. if I could have a Viper with 4 doors and room for the family... For maybe $20k in parts and did most of the work myself (like this guy)..

Of course, the swap might be much easier if done into something like a Chrysler 300 or Magnum. Of course, if you have the $$$, just buy a CTS-V wagon or somesuch..

• I Donated
Mega squirt fuel management.

are you using MS as a piggyback or stand alone?

I have mine set up as a stand alone and i love it

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

The 3800 is BADASS. So much freaking torque!!! I had a N/A one in a Pontiac Bonneville which felt way faster than it actually was. My buddy has a built up one in a buick regal which is totally stealth. Unless it's raining or snowing, I wouldn't have the guts to mess with him in my LGT.

Awesome build. Someone at Subaru with a brain should hire you.

are you using MS as a piggyback or stand alone?

I have mine set up as a stand alone and i love it

Well basically stand alone

It's still drive by wire. And the stock tach works bits that's all the stock ECM is dooin

The 3800 is BADASS. So much freaking torque!!! I had a N/A one in a Pontiac Bonneville which felt way faster than it actually was. My buddy has a built up one in a buick regal which is totally stealth. Unless it's raining or snowing, I wouldn't have the guts to mess with him in my LGT.

Awesome build. Someone at Subaru with a brain should hire you.

Haha yea!

If I worked at Subaru I would make the 5 eat rwd with clutch packs for fwd

Build the car with 3.6 h6 turbo and a big one !!

Off switch for awd

Off switch for stability management

Even the manual one be rwd with clutch packs for the fwd. The opposite of the old subarus that were 4wd

6 mt tranny with a wicked over drive

And make sure who ever designed the 5 th gen gets his ass canned!

Bring back the legacy wagon!!

And maybe even make a spec b wagon:)

Make it into a fun kick ass car

Haha yea!

If I worked at Subaru I would make the 5 eat rwd with clutch packs for fwd

Build the car with 3.6 h6 turbo and a big one !!

Off switch for awd

Off switch for stability management

Even the manual one be rwd with clutch packs for the fwd. The opposite of the old subarus that were 4wd

6 mt tranny with a wicked over drive

And make sure who ever designed the 5 th gen gets his ass canned!

Bring back the legacy wagon!!

And maybe even make a spec b wagon :)

Make it into a fun kick ass car

And all for under $30k:):cool:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• I Donated
Well basically stand alone

It's still drive by wire. And the stock tach works bits that's all the stock ECM is dooin

What MS system are you using? Have you messed with tuning it yourself at all? Any issues with it?

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

What MS system are you using? Have you messed with tuning it yourself at all? Any issues with it?

its tuned from scratch by me.

i have run ms1 ms2 and now i'm running ms3

fyi ms1 can do pretty much everything

ms2 is kinda of annoying because its missing a bunch of inputs

ms3 awesome !

only tuning issues are from trying to make the stock subaru computer happy, because i realy don't want to change the dash.

• I Donated
its tuned from scratch by me.

i have run ms1 ms2 and now i'm running ms3

fyi ms1 can do pretty much everything

ms2 is kinda of annoying because its missing a bunch of inputs

ms3 awesome !

only tuning issues are from trying to make the stock subaru computer happy, because i realy don't want to change the dash.

I'm on MS1 in my car as a full stand alone. There is nothing left of my stock harness or ECU left. Mine has been protuned on a Dynojet though. I don't know enough about it to do it all myself yet.

The only issue I have with the MS1 is on startup. My Duty Cycle settings for the idle. I've been tweaking my cranking and closed DC settings to try and fix a startup idle problem I have. When I start the engine (warm or cold) my rpms will jump between 1000 and 3000 a few times before they settle down to a normal idle.

When I have the time to spare, I'll wire in a clutch switch and start playing around with launch control and flat shifting.

Were you able to carry your maps over from MS1 - MS2 and from MS2 - MS3? Or did you have to start from scratch each time.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

you can import the maps not a problem .

but i have wide band and i just use the auto tune feature. i can get a fairly good tune from scratch in about 45 min.

tune on a dyno would be nice but i either use a big hill or the drag strip for final tunes.